Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into exhaust systems for my 3.5, im just wondering peoples personal favorites from experience. Right now i think my favorite is the exhaust depot system. Any info or recomendations would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
im looking into exhaust systems for my 3.5, im just wondering peoples personal favorites from experience. Right now i think my favorite is the exhaust depot system. Any info or recomendations would be appreciated
Exhaust Depot mandral bent w/ X pie is what I have, and I love it, sounds and looks great and he has dyno sheets to prove the performance gains. I get told all the time that it doesn't sound like a V6. The higher RPMs get a little raspy but it is going to with a V6

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I just bought a stock RT dual exhaust off one of the board members here, haven't got the chance to install it yet. I'll let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I just bought a stock RT dual exhaust off one of the board members here, haven't got the chance to install it yet. I'll let you know how it turns out
ttonyy, here's my install summary.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51174&highlight=R/T+exhaust+installed

Hope this helps! Once I got everything finished, I'm happy with it. I'm thinking about removing the stock reso's and installing Zoomer's Cannon tips, but they're a little pricey to just "experiment" with... maybe next spring.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
ttonyy, here's my install summary.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51174&highlight=R/T+exhaust+installed

Hope this helps! Once I got everything finished, I'm happy with it. I'm thinking about removing the stock reso's and installing Zoomer's Cannon tips, but they're a little pricey to just "experiment" with... maybe next spring.
Thanks Ron! Did you end up installing the sleeves? I plan on taking this to a muffler shop and having them do the install, I just wanted to know what to tell them.
Also, did you put a heat shield around your gas tank?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Changed over from a Mopar Dual set-up (just not loud enough) but was easy to install and very good quality. Installed a Zoomer's Dual set-up. Love the sound, was'nt impressed with the quality at all.

If you would install a Zoomer's Dual exhaust I would suggest you take to a exhaust shop for install ......

·
Registered
81 Posts
i guess if u want loud noisy sound got to the zoomers , if u want good sound with gain of hp go to borla...

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
i guess if u want loud noisy sound got to the zoomers , if u want good sound with gain of hp go to borla...
keep in mind, sound (good or bad) is relative and subjective to each individual listener.

as it stands most any exhaust outside of stock will give you a gain is HP. most aftermarket is more free flowing. just the basics.

·
Registered
81 Posts
keep in mind, sound (good or bad) is relative and subjective to each individual listener.

as it stands most any exhaust outside of stock will give you a gain is HP. most aftermarket is more free flowing. just the basics.
i know that its different for each listener but also borla i guess is the best because its the one dodge accepted to added as a modification to the car ! also i know all exhausts gains more hp...

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
flowmaster 40' series deltas.......

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
i know that its different for each listener but also borla i guess is the best because its the one dodge accepted to added as a modification to the car ! also i know all exhausts gains more hp...

best? most times its just a matter of who can sign a deal where both make max money for least cost.

remember dodge was all about kicker setups in 2005-2006, but in 2007, they went with boston accoustic i believe. not sure what their top o' the line is this year.

cant count out magnaflow, brah!:wink:

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Thanks Ron! Did you end up installing the sleeves? I plan on taking this to a muffler shop and having them do the install, I just wanted to know what to tell them.
Also, did you put a heat shield around your gas tank?
Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this one 'till today...

With the flared-out clamp on the R/T exhaust, a shop can either adapt it to fit, or cut off the flared part and make their own sleeve to mate them properly. I know from mine, that either way they're gonna have to weld them on. My shop tried to keep it "bolt-on" in case I wanted to change it later. (Their choice, I did not specifically ask them to do that.) I bought one of the stick-on heat shields from the dealer and the shop put it on the fuel tank. You can also get "sheets" of the stick-on type from NAPA and some other auto parts stores.

Have Fun! :grin:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Thanks Ron! I think I'm going to buy the sticky heat shield wrap from napa

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an X-pipe, 2 Flowmaster 40's and 9"glasspacks just before the tips to act as resonators. Sounds great at Idle and under full throttle with virtually no interior drone at all.
When I first had the exhaust installed it was just the Flowmaster 40's and the drone inside the car was terrible. I had the local exhaust shop add the X-pipe and glass packs and couldnt be happier. (Get lots of compliments on how it sounds, even the local dodge dealer couldnt believe it was a V6) Also I used the stick on heat shield from JEGS

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I have strait pipes from the cats back, with a single pipe where the "suitcase" used to be, and then Hooker resonated tips out back. The sound is similar to what soccerbachelor described. I'm constantly getting comments and compliments...and the car is definitely noticed when I drive by.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
i love my 40's flowmaster deltas singal in dual out with no resos sound good......???

·
Registered
839 Posts
Do it right the first time dont mix match pieces together dont install something and have to add or remove things later. Go with the dual magnaflow catback system no drone no raspy sounds. Great product.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts