Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I noticed my display reading door ajar when the door was firmly closed, it was intermittent and only happen a few times. But now the damn door ajar beeps almost every time i drive it and keeps reading ajar when the door is closed. Has any one experienced this problem and were able to fix it? I attempted to look for the door sensor but I couldnt find it. Does any one know what type of sensor it is and where it is located? So I can fix it myself.. The beeping is driving me crazy!!!1 Help!!!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
its either a two wire sensor outside the door or the electronic latch itself. Just replace whichever one the evic shows is open when its not

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Or spray wd40 on the latch (in the door) :grin: That was the ford fix.

Of course, wicked will disagree because he yelled at me for using it but it's several months now, no problems whuahaha!

·
Registered
19 Posts
door ajar chime

Hi, i was reading your post today, and I had the same problem myself, do you have the karr supplement alarm system? if you do, you can find a toggle switch mounted on the little black box underneath the steering column. when you switch it off, the sensor on the door does not think it is open anymore, and your problem will be solved. this trick was recommended to me by cyclicjo, and it has worked like a charm!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Or spray wd40 on the latch (in the door) :grin: That was the ford fix.

Of course, wicked will disagree because he yelled at me for using it but it's several months now, no problems whuahaha!
the ford switch is slightly different and wd40 is for plumbers :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts