Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This code as been coming and going on for a while now I looked under the car and everything is good I guess but has anyone else had this problem I currently have a CAI w/ tbi spacer and 90mm tb kooks headers and borla exhaust. I really don't want to go to a muffler shop but do you guys have ideas.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
This code as been coming and going on for a while now I looked under the car and everything is good I guess but has anyone else had this problem I currently have a CAI w/ tbi spacer and 90mm tb kooks headers and borla exhaust. I really don't want to go to a muffler shop but do you guys have ideas.
The P2096 code is for downstream fuel trim system 1 lean. This information from the service manual on possible causes may provide some assistance on the issue.

Possible causes:
EXHAUST LEAK
FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

NOTE: A thorough exhaust leak test must be completed before removing an O2 Sensor or any other part from the exhaust system. Do not remove any parts before an exhaust leak check has been completed.

NOTE: An exhaust leak may cause downstream fuel adaptives to rail out, resulting in a false O2 Sensor failure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was getting the same code when I did my exhaust, headers, hi flow cats, cat back. got an email tune from Josh @ HHP told him all my mods and what codes I was getting, few days later he sent the tune back to me, not only does the car perform better from before the tune but also got no codes! hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BB06srt8 I have a tuner for it Diablo itune I haven't gotten a update yet for it but I'll look into it shortly thanks for the info and the car looks like a beast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts