Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Happy Father's day! It was a happy one for me, got to go to the Drag Strip and pull my best time. Full weight, bone stock with just a Hellcat air filter in the stock box. I didn't even do the Lower yet.

I ran 6 times and all my passes where Slowest of 12.1 and fastest 11.9 Which is awesome. D/A was like 735 and went up to 1255 today. But the temperature was between 64-73 which was nice. The only bad thing about today was the wind. Everyone was complaining about slower MPH which I was also don't. I pulled 113 all day today. One pass was a 112. I usually go 113-114.9 so basically my best trap speed was 115 last time, not this time. That Run was a 12.0 back when Rocksteady and I was down last.

Anyway Since Rocksteady sold his Charger, He never got to make that pass. Shame as I really got the launch down with the Nexen Drag Radials which I usually spin the hell out of. Today I was able to pull a 1.7 60ft so that was good. I usually pull a 1.8

Here is the video and time slip, Check it out.
Receipt Rectangle Font Material property Sleeve

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack RWD
156 Posts
Congratulations! I knew choosing the Nexens, in the stock size, was not going to be the easy way into the 11s, but I liked the idea of trying to get there. I knew it could be done, now there's proof. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations! I knew choosing the Nexens, in the stock size, was not going to be the easy way into the 11s, but I liked the idea of trying to get there. I knew it could be done, now there's proof. Nice job.
Wish you where running there with me, missed you there buddy. The track isn't the same without you.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm sure there's less obscenities hanging over the booth where you pick up the timeslips from me just missing the 11.99 goal over and over and over.
You where right there. I think with a few more passes, you would also have gotten it. We where perfecting the launch with those Nexen Tires and I got it down now where I can pull 11.9-12.0-12.1 every pass. I didn't very from those numbers except one pass I screwed up. I had to turn my car off in the wet box as the guy in front of me on a bike broke something came off his bike on the track and they had to sweep the track to make sure nothing else was left there.
I turned my car off while we waited and when I started it back up, I left it in ECO mode which was a HUGE mistake. I t started out in 2nd gear and ran my personal slowest ET in a 12.6 @ 111mph. When I was going down the track even right from the launch, I knew something was wrong. I almost lifted as I felt I wasn't making power and my shift points where lazy and slow.
When your in ECO mode , it actually says " AUTO MODE" so you would think at WOT it would go to at least Sports Mode or Track mode setting while under those conditions, It does not.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use Track mode.
Stock tune and car. The only mod is the air filter. It's a drop in Hellcat filter. It probably does nothing as it's in the stock air box.
The Challenger 1320 comes with Nexen Drag Radials. I use the same exact tires in a 275/40R20 size. They are called
N FERA SUR4g Extreme Ultra High Performance

n_fera_sur4g

You can spin them even after a good warm burn out. Our Chargers do not have as good as a suspension as the 1320 does. They are basically a baby Demon. I have seen a couple wife and husband pull low 11's on these tires at Atco Dragway a few years ago when I was there racing my Durango. It's actually on youtube. This is what took me to these tires as I watch them consistent run low 11's. I figured they would work great on the Charger and you can use your stock size wheels.

I think the Nexen tires are a good starter tire for a stock R/T and Scat pack but on the Scat pack you will have to perfect your launch. I'd love to bolt them on a Charger R/T and see how well they do. I have a co worker who has a Stock R/T Charger 2016 model year and I want to let him borrow them and see what his car will do.

The track was fully prepped and there was not a lot of people racing on Fathers day the day I was there last. I made 6 runs and could easily made more. The track as awesome as I didn't spin. I also have basically perfected my launch on these tires and I was able to consistently pull 1.7 60 ft times .
It was a shame the wind was heavy as everyone was complaining about MPH as the wind was slowing everyone down buy 1-4 mph or so. I noticed this as well as my MPH stayed under 115 which is my best MPH but that run was a 12.0. That run was another time there not this time.

The Charger Scat Pack is a hell of a car and a stock car naturally aspirated running into the high 11's to me is very impressive. I probably could hit a 11.8 or 11.9 with a better tire and rim combo. But I have these and I figured why not get the use out of them and when they are worn out, I will move to a 17-18 inch wheel with a Mickey Thompson ET street 305/45 size drag radial. Just about every hellcat and Scat pack where running those combos and no one has any issues getting out of the hole. So if a Hell cat and pull 10 second runs on that tire and wheel combo, I can't imgaine the Charger having any issues with them

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I use Track mode.
Stock tune and car. The only mod is the air filter. It's a drop in Hellcat filter. It probably does nothing as it's in the stock air box.
The Challenger 1320 comes with Nexen Drag Radials. I use the same exact tires in a 275/40R20 size. They are called
N FERA SUR4g Extreme Ultra High Performance

n_fera_sur4g

You can spin them even after a good warm burn out. Our Chargers do not have as good as a suspension as the 1320 does. They are basically a baby Demon. I have seen a couple wife and husband pull low 11's on these tires at Atco Dragway a few years ago when I was there racing my Durango. It's actually on youtube. This is what took me to these tires as I watch them consistent run low 11's. I figured they would work great on the Charger and you can use your stock size wheels.

I think the Nexen tires are a good starter tire for a stock R/T and Scat pack but on the Scat pack you will have to perfect your launch. I'd love to bolt them on a Charger R/T and see how well they do. I have a co worker who has a Stock R/T Charger 2016 model year and I want to let him borrow them and see what his car will do.

The track was fully prepped and there was not a lot of people racing on Fathers day the day I was there last. I made 6 runs and could easily made more. The track as awesome as I didn't spin. I also have basically perfected my launch on these tires and I was able to consistently pull 1.7 60 ft times .
It was a shame the wind was heavy as everyone was complaining about MPH as the wind was slowing everyone down buy 1-4 mph or so. I noticed this as well as my MPH stayed under 115 which is my best MPH but that run was a 12.0. That run was another time there not this time.

The Charger Scat Pack is a hell of a car and a stock car naturally aspirated running into the high 11's to me is very impressive. I probably could hit a 11.8 or 11.9 with a better tire and rim combo. But I have these and I figured why not get the use out of them and when they are worn out, I will move to a 17-18 inch wheel with a Mickey Thompson ET street 305/45 size drag radial. Just about every hellcat and Scat pack where running those combos and no one has any issues getting out of the hole. So if a Hell cat and pull 10 second runs on that tire and wheel combo, I can't imgaine the Charger having any issues with them
I have Widebody with bigger tires and different suspension.

Ill have to poke around what stock Widebody 392 owners are pulling. I’ve seen recommendations to use Track mode for Engine/Trannie and Sport mode on the Suspension for a better launch.

I think I’ve seen the 1320 guy your talking about. I’d like to get a Challenger some day.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have Widebody with bigger tires and different suspension.

Ill have to poke around what stock Widebody 392 owners are pulling. I’ve seen recommendations to use Track mode for Engine/Trannie and Sport mode on the Suspension for a better launch.

I think I’ve seen the 1320 guy your talking about. I’d like to get a Challenger some day.
Here is the video. If you keep whatching it, you will see me pull a 13.8 @ 99mph in my stock Durango R/T with just a CAI system from K&N.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts