Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rt,rt/rt,daytona owners please chime in and tell the method you used to reach your fastest launch. auto stick esp off, drive with esp off, auto stick esp on, drive esp on etc etc. My personal best has been auto stick esp on, no mods 2007 rt/rt.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Definitely in Auto Stick / ESP off, launching at about 1200 RPM.. ESP completely cuts the throttle as my tires break loose.

-R

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I can't see autostick making a difference over drive since we're only concerned about launch.
Most likely zero difference. ;) I just like to know for sure that it's starting out in first gear.. never know with HAL, the crazy computer might start out in 2nd in drive. :lol:

-R

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Most likely zero difference. ;) I just like to know for sure that it's starting out in first gear.. never know with HAL, the crazy computer might start out in 2nd in drive. :lol:

-R
i hate when that happens
one time i was with this girl and i wanted to show her how fast my car was so I floored it and I was like WTF? why am i in 2nd

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i hate when that happens
one time i was with this girl and i wanted to show her how fast my car was so I floored it and I was like WTF? why am i in 2nd
Bingo. And that's why I recommend Auto Stick.. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definitely Autostick. I don't hold the brake though. I just press the gas gradually yet fast and get a great launch...

Who doesn't use autostick?!?!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I can't see autostick making a difference over drive since we're only concerned about launch.

I don't know what it is, but my car hooks up better when I am in autostick mode. I actually ran .1 seconds slower at the track when I ran the car in drive by mistake.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
good thread.. my self i'm still trying to figure out how to get a good launch.. this is my first V8 car so its gonna take m some time...

i tried many methods and got the following,

1. ESP off, auto stick and load to 1500RPM ... i just burnt thru first gear and when i hit second the power cut off and the car bogged down -7.28 S lol
2. same as above but loaded to 1100RPM ... lots of spin but not as bad as before - 6.56
3. loaded to 1100 RPM feathered the throttle still got quite a bit of spin but got my best of 6.06

All done with a full tank of gas, in 80F at 45% humidity...
still trying to find the best method to launch and also a better testing road.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Autostick or drive... ESP completely off...

Press the break, then the gas at the same time and bring the RPM's up to 1-1.5K, then release the break and punch the gas. Bring the RPM's up as high as you can without letting your tires burn out once you release the break.

Oh yeah, and get yerself some performance tires. :)
X2, that is how I do it, oh nvm, I am merely a V6 guy, you only wanted V8 advice, lol. Seriously though I get it to about 1500 rpm, floor it and let off the gas at the same time, always in autostick. I like getting a chirp from the tires but I revved it too high and the spinning doesn't go for a good launch.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Do a good burnout.......get those street tires sticky.....

Stage and get the motor to about 1500rpms and when the light goes green STAND ON IT!!!!

2.07 60ft times....... :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
i find a full tank of gas helps on the street. less slosh and more weight on the rubber. leave it in auto!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've tried power braking to 1000, 1200 and 1500 rpm (always in Autostick with ESP off); but the best 0-60 I've run was no power braking, just letting off the brake and mashing the gas at the same time, again in Autostick with ESP off. Ran a 5.48 on a 80*+ day, at an elevation of about 2000'.

·
Registered
249 Posts
X2, that is how I do it, oh nvm, I am merely a V6 guy, you only wanted V8 advice, lol. Seriously though I get it to about 1500 rpm, floor it and let off the gas at the same time, always in autostick. I like getting a chirp from the tires but I revved it too high and the spinning doesn't go for a good launch.
Dang V6ers !!!!! I wish I could "FLOOR IT and LET OFF THE GAS at the same time" and get a chirp. :confused: :smoke: lol

smile soccer dude. :grin: Just yankin your chain. lol

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
When you guys use the autostick do you shift yourself or let the car do it once you put it in first? :)

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
When you guys use the autostick do you shift yourself or let the car do it once you put it in first? :)
good question, i've tried it with mine but when i didn't see it shift and it bogged down i quickly put it back into drive...again i was just trying to see if it would shift on its own and at what rpm in "autostick mode"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts