Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice:

I have a 07 R/T with a basic 6 speaker system (no sub). My other car was stolen (recovered now) but they did not have time to remove the new speakers which are 2 weeks old. Just like to know from the experts here if I could swap out the factory speakers and whether or not I would have problems with the factory amp/head unit pushing the lows to the fronts only and not enough to the rears??? Here are the specs for the new speakers and thanks for any feedback:

2 JBL Power Series P-632 Coaxil Tweeter • Mid-Range Speakers
Size 6" x 5"
Nominal Power Handling 70 Watt RMS
Peak Power Handling 210 Watt
Frequency Response 45 Hz - 22 kHz
Impedance 4 ohm (Dual Coil)
Top Mounting Depth 2.5 In.

2 JBL GTO Series GTO935 3-Way Tweeter • Mid-Range Speakers
Size 6" x 9"
Nominal Power Handling 100 Watt RMS
Peak Power Handling 300 Watt
Frequency Response 50 Hz - 21 kHz
Impedance 4 ohm (Dual Coil)
Top Mounting Depth 3.06 In.
Bottom Mounting Depth 3.63 In.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
they will work but your goning to have to build speaker rings for those 6x5's and another problem your going to run into is the the factory amp and speakers run at a 2ohm load [46 watts x 6] and if you put those 4 ohm speakers in their place the amp will see half the load and will than make half the power which will turn out to be 23 watts per channel and those speakers need power to move tnem and inturn your system will end up sounding like total > chit < you'll need a big amp.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Don't know if you remember me but you hook me up with some tint a couple of months ago. I live in deerfield beach. Can I drop by your place tomorrow to go over some amp options with you ??

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
i remember:) you ever find out from SUPER CHIPS why their tuner makes your car ping? stop on by-but dont get upset if i'm runing around like a mad man. we've been super packed at the shop [dealers on my street are given cars away to clear their lots] call me-my number is on my bill or pm me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts