Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit Hemi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,
Every post i've found on the forums on installing remote start mentions having to buy the whole kit, which includes a new hood latch, radio freq hub, "remote start antenna," and two new fobs. However, most of that is unnecessary. If you have the keyless entry and go package (you have the fob and the push to start button), the existing RFHUB and antenna will work.

The only part you need to buy is a new keyfob with the remote start button. (Also a 1K resistor, if you don't want to buy a new hood latch)

Using AlfaOBD in the BCM configuration, you need to enable two options. VehConfig 1 - Remote Start Present, and CBC Config I/O-Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present. I also set ECUConfig 3-Antenna Type to Active Primary and Active Secondary antenna, however this is likely unrelated, and not needed.

Next, you'll need to switch to the Radio Freq Hub in AlfaOBD, retrieve your pin, and program your new FOBIK.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Software

Now if you look in your BCM status, you'll have Remote Start Present, and Remote Start Antenna: Not Present. Even though the antenna isn't present, the remote start system will still function.
That's all you will need to do as far as programming. However, if you try and use your new remote start, the BCM will deny you do to the lack of hood switch.
This guide will walk you through installing one, https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82214045.pdf
Now, if you're like me and don't want a hood switch, run a wire from Pin 11 in the BCM A connector (the same one referenced in the guide), through a 1K ohm resistor, to ground.

I was able to do all this in my 2011 Pursuit in about two hours. The hardest part was trying to get to the damn BCM connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Missed this thread.
Interesting, I thought more would be involved due to being a pursuit. (The tale of having to reprogram all new keys as the police fobs are different, etc)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts