Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get cans of factory-matched paint? I am looking for the spray gun cans of some Sublime Metallic paint. I searched on google and found one company that could get it.... but it aint cheap! :confused: There were a couple sellers on ebay, but all they have is flat sublime (no metallic). Any help would be appreciated!

-Pat

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Anyone know where to get cans of factory-matched paint? I am looking for the spray gun cans of some Sublime Metallic paint. I searched on google and found one company that could get it.... but it aint cheap! :confused: There were a couple sellers on ebay, but all they have is flat sublime (no metallic). Any help would be appreciated!

-Pat
I'd be shocked if these guys didn't have it. They'll even mix it up for you and put it in an aerosol sprayer if you want....

http://www.expresspaint.com/

Edit: Yup, they have it: http://www.expresspaint.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=7592

Best,

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^^ Beat me to it!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know they are the first results that popped up on google.... but Im know professional; with paint, but it seems like alot of moolah for just a can! How long can 1 qt. of paint last you? Or, if you had to guess, how much of a car do you think you could paint qith a quart? That sounds goofy to say, but thats the best way I can ask the question just to know how much Im getting.

-Pat

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I know they are the first results that popped up on google.... but Im know professional; with paint, but it seems like alot of moolah for just a can! How long can 1 qt. of paint last you? Or, if you had to guess, how much of a car do you think you could paint qith a quart? That sounds goofy to say, but thats the best way I can ask the question just to know how much Im getting.

-Pat
Are you kidding? That's pretty reasonable. Auto paint is a bit more expensive than Glidden. :) One small bottle/can is enough for a LOT of touch up. If you're going to shoot a whole panel, you don't want to do that with an aerosol can. You'd want a real air brush/sprayer with a regulator and properly mixed for the current temp/humidity. This stuff is purely for touch up or out of the way places.

Best,

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats what Im saying, I have purchased the small aerosol cans beforer to do small areas and touch up work, but I have a spray gun with the proper regulator and stuff that is capable of painting entire body panels, so thats why I was asking about a whole quart of paint.

-Pat

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Yeah thats what Im saying, I have purchased the small aerosol cans beforer to do small areas and touch up work, but I have a spray gun with the proper regulator and stuff that is capable of painting entire body panels, so thats why I was asking about a whole quart of paint.
I'll have to defer to someone else on that one. It's been about 20 years since I last shot anything larger than a door skin so I've got no idea how far a quart of basecoat will go (don't forget to get a can of clearcoat too).

Best,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts