Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 charger sxt 3.5 . The problem is when I get out of the car and hit the door lock button, It seems the factory alarm is not arming. I know because the red dot on the dash doesnt flash like the manual says it should(except once when you first hit it) and second I have armed it while outside the car with the window down and waited 5 mins and then reached in to open the door from the inside, and nothing happens ?Help !!!! Any thoughts why its not working? :confused:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have a 2006 charger sxt 3.5 . The problem is when I get out of the car and hit the door lock button, It seems the factory alarm is not arming. I know because the red dot on the dash doesnt flash like the manual says it should(except once when you first hit it) and second I have armed it while outside the car with the window down and waited 5 mins and then reached in to open the door from the inside, and nothing happens ?Help !!!! Any thoughts why its not working? :confused:
Umm your hitting the trunk button:)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
not all chargers have the alarm on them-that is a option. they all have keyless entry thou. look at the window stickers or have the dealer run the vin # for your options-i believe you have to have option group III to have the alarm but i could be wrong. i have groups I and II and dont have it

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I don't have an alarm either, but I have a red blinker. We all have chips in our keys as a "theft deturrent", but I don't know if it is listed on the sticker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts