Charger Forums banner

F11

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Simply go to 4:25

It's what I've always said about this product. They over-charge for their product and then spend money on FB ads to convince people it is actually good. Chicago Auto Pro did some extensive testing of this and many other products together. I highly recommend watching those videos for some good testing info... not just someone trying to sell something.

#4 ·
There is no way that anyone who actually knows what they are talking about, can answer that question accurately. That question is as open ended as asking someone how long does it take to fix your bad credit. There are so many variables that affect your answer, no one answer would be correct for all.

Now the better question? How can I care for my paint, so that I am not my paint's worst enemy?

That's the question you should be asking. 😉

#8 ·
My hat is off to you and others that expend the time and expense to keep your rides looking good. A car is a tool on wheels to me and at the most I might polish them twice a year. Usually just once a year. I don't mess with sealants or experiment with products.

#9 ·
But you see, it's not a lot of time involved if you are doing it right. The way I explain it is very similar to weight loss. Check this out.

Imagine being 450-pounds overweight. Now you didn't get there in one day and 14 hours so of course, it ain't gonna come off that fast either. But imagine if you were to do all the things necessary to lose that much weight. You would:

1. Get a thorough understanding of how different foods affect you personally and if said foods are things that you in particular should or should not be eating.
2. Learn about what is considered good food and bad food. Get an understanding of how each affects you and the human body.
3. Eliminate all of the foods that are of no gain to you, and that have a negative impact on your overall health. Notice that I haven't said one word about exercising because it does you NO GOOD to exercise when you are constantly polluting your body with garbage that is counter-productive to all the energy that you are going to expend while exercising.

At this point and ONLY at this point are you ready to start exercising. You put yourself on a regiment that you can accomplish without strain. You want to start out by doing something that you will not dread looking forward to, so that you will keep the activity up without fail. You will slowly start to see the benefit of your activity in that you will become more alert, you will sleep better and feel like doing more activities because of your newfound energy. This in turn will allow you to gradually increase your exercise regiment, which in turn will gradually increase all of the positive effects that you are receiving from this healthy activity.

Now once you start all of this healthy activity, there is one thing that you are going to simultaneously do.

EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY, EAT RIGHT AND EAT HEALTY.

Now notice the order that I have explained how to get into shape. The first thing that I had you do was learn all about nutrition so that you could obtain a CLEAR understanding of the damage that you were doing to your body by what you were putting in it. You can't exercise like a mad man, continue eating like a slob and expect the weight to come off and stay off. You first have to understand what caused you to arrive at the poor physical shape that you are in and then, ELIMINATE ALL of the bad things that put you into that horrible shape. If you do not understand how you got there, it does you absolutely no good to try and fix it. You have to understand the bad that you were doing in order to eliminate that health risk to your body. At this point and ONLY at this point are you ready to exercise.

The combination of eating healthy and eating the right foods, in combination with regular exercise will not only get you into shape, IT WILL KEEP YOU THERE.

So now, you should be asking the question, "What the hell does this have to do with paint care???"😗

IT'S THE SAME EXACT MINDSET.

You first obtain a understanding of how your paint got jacked up to begin with. All of the things that you were doing wrong: 1-bucket washing, taking dirt off the car, putting it into your wash water and then putting that dirt back on the car while grinding it into the paint. Incorrectly removing dust off the car, drying the car off after driving it in the rain, while a MILLION tiny little rocks are covering the paint. ALL OF THAT CRAP is what put your paint into the shape that it is in when it is jacked up! So before you can even THINK about fixing your paint, you have to understand how you are destroying it in the first place. People who constantly have to fix their paint have completely skipped this MOST IMPORTANT step of the paint maintenance regime!

Once you understand HOW you were destroying your paint, you can eliminate those practices. At this point and ONLY at this point are you ready to actually fix your paint. Here's the kicker. Once you take that time to completely fix your paint, you should NEVER have to repeat that entire process EVER in the life of your ownership of that car. IF YOU DO, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

The complete paint correction process is a ONE-TIME event in the life of your car. You only have so much clear coat on the car (or paint for you one-stage guys), and there are no clear-coat fairies that are going to show and and respray clear-coat on your car in the middle of the night. It is completely up to you to embrace a proven method of paint maintenance so that you NEVER have to keep fixing your paint. Sure, you may have to do a random touch up here or there, especially if your car is a daily driver but spending hours upon hours of rubbing and waxing your car? Ain't gonna happen, especially if you are married with kids. If you maximize the time you spend with your car by properly maintaining it, it won't become this every other weekend headache of all headaches, trying to maintain a beautiful looking car.

I probably wash my car twice a week and do a touch up once a month, if that. Now that I'm married, I don't remotely have all that free time I use to have for making videos but my paint maintenance has not been negatively impacted because I DON'T CREATE DAMAGE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

So if you look at paint maintenance as one would look at properly losing weight and KEEPING IT OFF, you will see how they share the same, exact mindset. As I use to say to the gangbangers when I was a young L.A. County deputy, "Don't start none, won't be none." Do your paint maintenance the same exact way. If you aren't constantly creating damage, you won't have to constantly repair damage. All of these coatings that folks are so into now is giving them a false sense of security. They THINK (mainly because of advertising), that coatings are the next best thing since Captain Crunch cereal came in a double-wide box at Costco. I, on the other hand, rely on nothing but the knowledge I have about how and when to properly touch my paint. Once you obtain that level of knowledge, you are less likely to want to or need to try every little product that hits the shelves. I will probably never get into coatings and I definitely won't be making any videos on the subject because it is not something that benefits me personally. I'm not saying that there are not benefits for some folks out there but for me? NOPE, I'm just fine.

So I will end "War & Peace" by saying this. Paint maintenance is as much of a mindset as it is a physical action. The less damage you create, the less maintenance you will do and when your maintenance only takes an hour or so, keeping your paint looking flawless all of a sudden becomes something that you will look forward to. It's definitely not a chore for those of us with the right mindset and a solid technique when it comes to caring for our rides. You don't have to make your car a garage queen either because as you will see in this video, I drive mine like I stole it! 😁😁😁

FYI: Other than a few cosmetics, my 2001 Corvette is completely stock.

Reactions: RitzRT
#10 ·
Why was everyone braking constantly on that video, even on the straightaways?

Reactions: Nuwanda
#20 · (Edited)
Allow me to explain. If you have never driven ATL, the first time you do it, you WILL be intimidated. The video does not do the turns any justice. It feels like you will roll your car in the turns if you are not driving fast enough and when you approach those turns, they look MONSTER big. Add to that, not everyone knows how to go around a oval and when you're doing it in your own car, you are scared silly about wrecking it. or wrecking into someone (NO ONE wants to be THAT guy).

The first time I went around ATL, I was screaming like a 6-year old girl on a Disney roller coaster. The adrenaline rush of what you are doing, seeing the road go by that fast for an extended amount of time, looking out for everyone else (especially the rookies), and then there's the G's. My God, you could hear me in the turn as I was dealing with them. It takes some getting use to so I know why those guys kept hitting their brakes. They were simply intimidated.

I'm usually good for about 30 laps before I have to quit because the G's take their toll on you fast. Going fast all the time is totally different from a road course because a road course allows you bits and spurts to recover. Screaming down the road constantly while your mind, eyes, brain and hands are working overtime is a completely different animal. I never really looked at NASCAR guys as athletes until I did this. Those guys do about 333 laps around that monster in order to complete a 500 race. They are usually in the turns at about 190. If I took one of those turns that fast, I'd pass out.

The fastest I have had that car up to was 160 on the freeway in a straight line. Straight lines with no one else around is easy. Doing it with 23 other cars when you have no sponsor, kinda makes you realize what you're doing and every time you think about it...

...you'll hit your brakes. 😄😄😄

#11 ·
I have tryed so many products and wasted so much money on products that so called the best.
I don’t trust any tests that I see on the internet by the so called experts.
I liked using F11 I loved the filling property’s and ease of use.
I then tryed products from NV Car
Tryed both the Jet and also the Lustre
Very impressed with both however I prefer the Lustre for is shine quality’s.
Using either one on the wheels just hosing you can watch the brake just float away especially on the Scat Pack.
Durability? They say 6 months but should do every month.
I go about 6 weeks between coatings
I have only washed my car with just water,
Rain only results in tiny beads of water rinsing the car water sheets off .
I still use F11 as a tire dressing
Only problem with Lustre or Jet is trying to get it and they say 10 cars from 250ml I get about 5 plus it’s not cheap

Wife’s SQ5

My Scat Pack

#12 ·
I have tryed so many products and wasted so much money on products that so called the best.
I don’t trust any tests that I see on the internet by the so called experts.
I liked using F11 I loved the filling property’s and ease of use.
I then tryed products from NV Car
Tryed both the Jet and also the Lustre
Very impressed with both however I prefer the Lustre for is shine quality’s.
Using either one on the wheels just hosing you can watch the brake just float away especially on the Scat Pack.
Durability? They say 6 months but should do every month.
I go about 6 weeks between coatings
I have only washed my car with just water,
Rain only results in tiny beads of water rinsing the car water sheets off .
I still use F11 as a tire dressing
Only problem with Lustre or Jet is trying to get it and they say 10 cars from 250ml I get about 5 plus it’s not cheap View attachment 299105 View attachment 299106 View attachment 299107
Wife’s SQ5 View attachment 299108
My Scat Pack
Sorry for my buddy sleeping picture
Yes he only has 3 legs and he is sporting a brace on his only rear leg he is our million dollar boy 😉

#14 ·
Hah, your little pupper is enjoying his nap. Dogs are fine on 3 legs!

#23 ·
If any of you guys ever get a chance to do this, don't pass it up. If was $5 a lap and the proceeds went to breast cancer awareness. This one was called Vettes and Vipers Against Brest Cancer and was put on by a Corvette club in Atlanta. It started out with only Vettes and Vipers but as GM and other manufacturers started putting out better performance cars, they started allowing other cars participate. I know for a fact that some of your Chargers could easily keep up the pace. Hell, the pace car is a Impala (which proves that it has as much to do with the driver as it does the car)!. It's not your normal Impala but still, some of you guys could easily do this once you got use to the track. I don't know how heavy a Charger is but you WILL feel the weight of your car out there. They normally do this around the first weekend in October.

Oh, and for the record, I paid my respects to THE MAN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.