Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a week old and just over 100 miles. But something seems a little odd. The temperture gages reads normal but there seems to be high heat in the engine compartment when showing someone that HEMI.
When starting the beast you get a good 20 seconds of 170 degree heat comming from the air conditioner vents then it cools down. Not so nice when you are getting into an already hot car. Anyone else notice this?
Also noted any grass under THIS car will DIE.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Laser said:
Less than a week old and just over 100 miles. But something seems a little odd. The temperture gages reads normal but there seems to be high heat in the engine compartment when showing someone that HEMI.
When starting the beast you get a good 20 seconds of 170 degree heat comming from the air conditioner vents then it cools down. Not so nice when you are getting into an already hot car. Anyone else notice this?
Yea I get the same when I first turn the Air Condition on. My sales rep said it was normal but I am going to go back and ask the service department when I take it in about the thump under the driver’s floor panel

·
Registered
630 Posts
Laser said:
Uh oh! Look out, these cars are radioactive!! :laugh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
The air ducts are long so there going to be hot air built up till the cool air comes out. Thats with any car. I think the engine heat it more to the fact the hemi cover is plastic and doesnt shield/disperse heat like a real metal carb used to .

·
Registered
79 Posts
The engine bay will always be hot after you have run the car.... The stock headers will heat up the bay no matter what you do. You can always get them ceramic coated or wrapped. But I would not wrap anything that is not SS. Because the wrap holds water and will rust non SS pipes.

If you swap out the headers for some jet hot coated ones the engine bay temps will drop

·
Registered
60 Posts
New, tight engines, high efficency cooling systems, and small engine bays all contribute to high temps...as long as the guage reads ok, don't worry 'bout it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I and several of my friends have experienced the "blast of hot air" syndrome when in the car, and have all complained about it. Good to know it's normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I for one am not going to go for 'it's normal'. There is no other car or truck that I have been in that acts like this model does. Ya they will blow warmer air untill the a/c system can operate properly. But damn there is 'hot' air coming out of there. It's like the blend door is going to a default hot possition then when the car is running it will go to the setting on the control head. My car will be going back untill it is fixed or they can keep it. :mad:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Let me know what they say. It was 102 here yesterday and when I got in and dropped the air on it felt like a heat gun in my face for 10-15 seconds... I could not believe how hot it was. This can not be how it should be. I am going to have to get a remote starter to just get by the blast furnace session everytime the car sits for more than a half hour...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts