Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that's it's summer I feel like messing around with the exterior of the car. I was able to suppress my urges for modding during the winter months but I'm bored with the look of my car now.

I want something to make my car stand out from others without being flashy, something subtle and tasteful. I've tried a few minor things to set me apart but I feel they're too minor.

New wheels are not something I want at this moment. I want to wear down my current tires (which I just got in November) before getting wheels...I want to go WIDE in the back.

Here is how the car currently sits...taken at the golf course about an hour ago. It's a little dusty thanks to the pine trees and pollen.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401386336.536929.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401386348.079579.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401386357.064156.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401386379.897040.jpg

Help me spend some money guys! I have a massive credit card bill I need to pay off so I'm trying to keep whatever I do under 400 bucks in order to pay the bills and maintain all of my other payments/activities.

Thanks all!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Hmm...I also have a black R/T and have thought about this. The thing is, our cars are already pretty aggresive looking so there is not much you can do to them exterior wise that won't cross the tool threshold lol. Jk, to each his own! But some things should just not be done haha.

I'm not sure what could be done with 400 dollars, maybe the Mopar front lip spoiler? Their engine cover looks pretty cool too IMO but you won't be able to show that one off unless you pop the hood. Powder coat the wheels? Or mess with the lights? I don't want to do anything to my exterior save for the Mopar quad exhaust, but that's defintely more than 400 and I will have to wait on it to recover from having just bought the car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...I also have a black R/T and have thought about this. The thing is, our cars are already pretty aggresive looking so there is not much you can do to them exterior wise that won't cross the tool threshold lol. Jk, to each his own! But some things should just not be done haha.

I'm not sure what could be done with 400 dollars, maybe the Mopar front lip spoiler? Their engine cover looks pretty cool too IMO but you won't be able to show that one off unless you pop the hood. Powder coat the wheels? Or mess with the lights? I don't want to do anything to my exterior save for the Mopar quad exhaust, but that's defintely more than 400 and I will have to wait on it to recover from having just bought the car.

Good luck!

I hear you man. I don't want to mess with the all black thing, I dig it. The red accent of the heritage badge and the slight amount of "chrome" on the exhaust surrounds and wheels is just enough to give the car a little pop. I am considering switchback LED turn signals although the load resistor thing looks like a pain. I do want reverse LED lights, I'm not sure if those need resistors or not. The lip isn't a bad idea but I would probably end up ruining it.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Mopar front Lip Spoiler.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
With the front lip...does it attach okay? I have heard a ton of people complain about how it attaches. I am not handy so I won't be creative enough to attach it any other way than what the factory designed.

Also, how is it going up and down a driveway?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Led's and plastidip.... Cheapest mods to do. Add some color maybe? Can change how your rims look too.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm thinking reverse LEDs forsure. Interior LEDs are priced too high for what they are IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Get a can of black plastidip and get creative... Do some matte black on your car, it'll look cool.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
It attaches with plastic rivets... It's a easy and stress free install with the harbor freight rivet tool, I don't see a problem

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It attaches with plastic rivets... It's a easy and stress free install with the harbor freight rivet tool, I don't see a problem

Sweet! I was just saying I've read here that other members weren't satisfied with how it attached...they said it wasn't very sturdy.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking about some stripes. I don't know how matte black stripes would look.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The big dual stripes do look nice. However the color of the stripes is what I'm on the fence about. I don't know what will look best. I'll have to go some googling and see what I like.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I vote for red if you wanna be bold, silver if you wanna be classy, or matte black if you wanna be stealthy... ;)

I guess white could be "racey" reminds of a checkered flag^^^

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think matte black would be cool...I don't know if it would be too hard to see, to the point where it just looks like the car is dirty haha.

I would love carbon fiber too...but nobody sells kits made for the charger. From my Internet searches it looks like you would have to have a custom set made.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The big dual stripes do look nice. However the color of the stripes is what I'm on the fence about. I don't know what will look best. I'll have to go some googling and see what I like.

Who needs Google?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Personally if I had a black Charger like yours I'd do a red offset stripe like the Mopar or a matte black offset stripe. But with your chrome rims... Red and black would look great. black wheels would work better with the matte stripe IMO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts