Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok before i get shredded about using the search function, I already did and did not find what i was looking for. my question is, after which mods are done should you get the diablo? I.E. should you only get it after you have done certain mods to your R/T, and what exactly does it do? Please forgive my noobness..

·
Registered
342 Posts
You will see gains even with a stock R/T. The tuner basically 'grows' with you. If you add a CAI, then throw on the CAI tune. More mods, more tune changes... It maximizes your car's parameters to output the best performance possible.

There's a vendor, Tbyrne, that has a CAI+Predator package for $499! The predator alone's retail price is like $420 .... and ~$340ish from the recent group buys. It's a no brainer if you can afford it.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Please dont apologize for not having knowledge with cars..I'm not either...but basically what I've been told its like modding the bios in your computer to overclock your computer...you input certain variables, and it'll speed up your computer...adding more components to your vehicle will allow the tuner to unleash whatever potential it has...to speed up your car..hope this helps :D

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
This is what you need to know about the Diablo....

It is awesome

If you want to catch rubber between 1-2 gear this is for you

Do you want to take off from the line and lay rubber by accident, this is for you.

Do you want the car to shift faster and throttle reponse feel more crisp, this is for you

Do you want to run a cooler thermostat like a 180 and set the fans to run the same, this is for you.

Do you want the car to run like it should, this is for you

Do you think your Charger runs good but lacks raw power, this is for you.

Wait no, get headers and high flo cats yes, CAI yea for better sound yes

Best bang for the buck???? F&CK YEAH!!!!!!!!

Owned mine for a whole 2 hours. You will see many more post, this is the best mod

·
Registered
52 Posts
The quick easy response is the computer analogy. It puts your fuel curve and timing where they need to be for best performance. It lets you tweak things like mentioned above. One of my favorite features that I was sure I saw it did was being able to turn of traction all the way.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Got mine. Seems to be living up to the hype.

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts

It is awesome

Do you want to take off from the line and lay rubber by accident, this is for you.

Do you want the car to shift faster and throttle reponse feel more crisp, this is for you

Do you want to run a cooler thermostat like a 180 and set the fans to run the same, this is for you.

Owned mine for a whole 2 hours. You will see many more post, this is the best mod
LOL Plum, you are so getting everyone hyped!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
There's a vendor, Tbyrne, that has a CAI+Predator package for $499! The predator alone's retail price is like $420 .... and ~$340ish from the recent group buys. It's a no brainer if you can afford it.
Which package is this? I only see the AFE and Predator for $599, which is still not a bad deal for both, but I don't really want to give away $100 that can be avoided.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Which package is this? I only see the AFE and Predator for $599, which is still not a bad deal for both, but I don't really want to give away $100 that can be avoided.
check in the vendors forum.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Man with the predator I can lay rubber from a standstill so easily now. I only have to push the pedal about 60% of the way and as long as I do it quick it lays rubber. I haven't held it to see how long it'll keep burning but this thing makes a huge difference. Especially when you're hitting 70 before going out of 2nd and 95 before going out of 3rd. It's just beautiful.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I wonder if I'll feel a difference? I am not to sensitive when it comes to feeling HP gains. So far the only mod I could really feel a difference with is my cam, and even that didn't feel huge to me. I didn't really notice much of a difference with SC, but when I took it off I could feel a difference. I guess I can feel HP loss better than I can feel HP gain. :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

It is awesome

Well, the Superchips can do the same thing, and has the same results (other than the fan mods) and is much cheaper. So, while this unit is good, and new, you pay a premium....the Superchips was expensive at first also. You can now pick up a Superchips Flashpaq for $350....and that would be the best bang for your buck (cost wise).....In fact, you may even get it cheaper on Ebay or from some members here.

Though the Diablo has more programming features, what will you use? I say about 75% of folks just load up the pre-programmed tunes for more HP and higher octane gas.

Now, if this Diablo can disable the MDS....they may have a new customer.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why would you want to disable the MDS? Also does this void any warranty? or is there a feature you can use to send everything back to normal incase you need to take it into the dealer

·
Registered
274 Posts

It is awesome

You've been a lot of help bro.......keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Man with the predator I can lay rubber from a standstill so easily now. I only have to push the pedal about 60% of the way and as long as I do it quick it lays rubber. I haven't held it to see how long it'll keep burning but this thing makes a huge difference. Especially when you're hitting 70 before going out of 2nd and 95 before going out of 3rd. It's just beautiful.
at a meet and greet this weekend, a local here in houston, part of the club, manufacters some octane booster.

put some in my fuel tank last fill up.

i got up to 115 mph in 3rd gear before it auto shifted

i was like holy wowzers. it was just 1 bottle into my gas tank. its not even heavy duty stuff either. just food for thought since shifting out of 3rd at 95 seems low now lol :/

sorry to hijack

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Maansman I don't know if you checked on any of the group buy prices, but everyone in on one of those didn't pay more than they could have bought a SC for brand new. The price I paid for my predator with cables and Overnight shipping was the same as the SC price you quoted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts