Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this exhuast setup? im planing on getting this with a mopar CAI. Im trying to stay far far away from a ricer sound, the video sounds good but i need some first hand opinions.

http://www.exhaustdepot.net/chv6duex.html

thanks guys!

PS, any performance gains to be expected? i would be happy with even 10 more HP from these

·
Registered
358 Posts
exhaust depot is good. I personaly like the dual magnaflow set-up. I don't have either though. I have been buying time as new set-ups come out. There is a audio video clips in the v-6 discusion group at the top. go listen and have fun

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the E.D. setup and it really does sound like that clip. And is real easy to install, hardest part for me was taking the old exhaust off, them pipes are snug in there. ( I would suggest a can of WD40 when you attempt, if you attempt, to do this.)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had that one and then went with their mandrel bent system with the x-pipe. The mandrel bent system gave me like 10hp and like 12tq or something like that. And that was from switching from the econo system to the mandrel. So I don't know what num,bers the econo system would give you. Sound wise, the econo sounds better.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Does anybody think the exhaust depot exhaust sound's more tuner than muscle?
The video doesn't do it justice at all!!!! The econo system sounds like the straight pipes that I have heard. But the new set up... Blackandchrome has it installed and is very happy with it, said that it has a rumble when it starts and you can hear it while you are taking off but no drone in the cabin at all and that the video can't pick up the deeper sounds. Mine is on order so I hope he's right.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Did you order the econo or the mandrel setup?
Mandrel for sure, with the X of course. I want the added performance most of all, but the quieter sound also, it is a win win for me. 40 miles each way to work, all that drone would drive me insane!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Is there a diff. in performance between the 2?
Definitely!!! Check out this thread, the dyno number difference is between the econo to the X pipe only. I think it was like 10HP and 15FT/LBs torque. Big difference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts