Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to charger forums. I'm 16 and plan on getting my first car in about 2 weeks. I've visited the Dodge dealership and love the charger, however it rides a little too quiet and underpowered for my liking... before you bag on me getting a v6, as much as I'd love to have the v8, my insurance would be exorbitant with a v8 Charger lol....

So, which exhaust would be best for me if I want a very deep growl, I know the v6's growl won't compare to the Hemi's, but what set up would bring me a deep loud exhaust that growls loudly when I accelerate, even just a little. I don't mind drone at all, in fact I actually like drone and hearing my engine roar. Also, I'm willing to spend as much as $2500 on a catback exhaust setup... The dealership offered us a $2600 Mopar Performance Exhaust but it didn't sound too loud... I believe its a Corsa ...

After doing my research, I've so far considered : Borla ATAK exhaust, Zoomers exhaust, Mopar Performance (Corsa) Exhaust, and Maganaflows. I don't know much about exhausts, so any experienced help is much appreciated.
Thanks guys,
Joey:rocker:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, I want to add, I like the "purring" noise of the engine from the 0-60, I want the exhaust to pur and roar and be extremely loud yet not rice rocket style, I want my engine to purr not scream. Again, I WANT drone as crazy as that sounds, Im a teenager I like hearing the engine roar lol, I WANT it to be loud even if I accelerate from 0-30 haha. Thanks again,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another exhaust I'm hearing good things about is the SLP Loud mouth exhausts, any info???

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forsure, what set up do you run and hows it sound? I know some older people with a wife or kids cannot stand drone and look for exhausts the sound loud WOT, but I want an exhaust that purs all the time, drone doesn't bother me. Even from a simple acceleration I would like a loud noise and purr, but Like I said it needs to have that purr not just a ricey ass deep noise lol, I'm looking for that american muscle noise not a rice rocket subaru sound.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I am running the blastin bobs B6 kit with a flowmaster 40 muffler. And for the sound I will just say I got pulled over by the state boys and he come up to me and said your charger sounds bad ass

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.