Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a borla 125 on my hemi later in the spring once I save up some money. I'm looking just looking to get a badass sound when I step on the gass and take off. Someone told me to cut off the mufflers on my exhaust now and put on tips until I get a new exhaust. Is this worth it? Will It be a noticeable difference? Will it be worth my time/the money for the tips(I know they aren't too expensive but just an excretion). Any input will help! Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Your car should have mid mufflers or what people call the suit case muffler, then resonators at the back. Getting rid of the resonators can really cause alot of drone. Most people will first remove the mid-muffler and replace it with their favorite sounding muffler like FM 44-series or similar and see how the drone is. Then if it's still not enough, cut off the resonators. IMO these cars drone like a mother and need the resonators or similar type of resonator to keep that sound down inside the car. Corsa makes one of the best cat-back setups just simply because their entire claim to fame is no drone.

Personally, I replaced the mid mufflers and was happy when I had my R/T.

If your doing it for sound, by all means enjoy... but if your doing it for performance, save your money. Your not going to see any increase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts