Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ran straight pipes? I have an 06 srt without mds so I don't need to worry about drone. Right now all I'm running is 2.5 mandrel bent stainless with two unknown mufflers. So i want it to be louder.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Has anyone ever ran straight pipes? I have an 06 srt without mds so I don't need to worry about drone. Right now all I'm running is 2.5 mandrel bent stainless with two unknown mufflers. So i want it to be louder.
Delete the mufflers and keep the resonators. Straight pipes just drone (it's not just an MDS thing) and they aren't really any louder.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've read where several people suggest placing glasspacks where the resonators go to eliminate drone, not quite straight-piped, but close. I've also read where people say to ensure your tips extend past the end of the car to eliminate drone. Going straight pipes shouldn't be too expensive to try. You can have the mufflers removed and replaced for about $75-100. I would imagine replacing the resonators would be about the same. Keep your old parts in case you change your mind! People say they don't mind the drone, until they have to live with it for a while. :grin2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responces guys. Either my car didn't come with resonators or the previous owner had them removed. I went out of my way to get this particular car without the mds cause I didn't want it. Most people hate just the drone when the car or truck kicks down to the four cylinders. I hope some more of you guys chime in with opinions.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I ran straight pipe for about 5 years. its really loud and awesome but I got tired of having to raise my voice just to talk and having the stereo on like 15/16 just to hear it so I recently put the stock reso's back on (brylcreem) and i'm super happy. its loud when you stomp it but quiet when crusing. you should fire up your car with the mid pipes removed. that is LOUD. hahaha

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the info. So i think I'm going to give just the pipes a try. But i wonder where or what it's going to do with the powerband.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts