Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at changing my exhaust on my 07 Daytona R/T. The cat-back portion is going to be Corsa. I am now thinking about the headers...what should I go with and why?
Long tubes?
Shorties?
What brands are good or not?
Installation time...how long should it take a shop to install?
I also plan on installing high-flow cats with the manifolds (if shorties, all long tubes seem to include cats). This is my daily driver, but I also drag race it in a local Mopar Challenge Series. I want to pick up a little more time and hp. So far, my only mod is the Mopar CAI. My Predator programmer will be in my hands by Wednesday. Any insight would be great!! The shop can get me American Racing long tube headers for around $ 1350 (not including installation). They installed these headers on an SRT8 and it took them almost 6 hours to install. Is it easier to install on the 5.7L? Thanks!!!
:rockon:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Long tubes, not short
kooks, slp, mopar (all come with highflow cats)
6hrs is about right if they havnt done many of them. (mopar book says 8)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I bought SLP longtubes for $1,355 and had them installed for $300. The installation took about 4 hours.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Promotion tuning is running a special on AEM lt headers (basically Mopar's) for 949 shipped. I just ordered mine this morning for my Daytona.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts