Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys?

Quick question:

I want a great exhaust system for an RT. At the same time I don't want something that will wake the neighbours or offend my boss when I drive in to work. Nor do I want it to scream every time I accelerate at a green light. I also want it to be able to support any future performance modifications I may add to it in the future. Any Suggestions?

P.S. What is up with those 4 piece exhaust systems I see on BMW'S? Are there any for Chargers?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am the same way, I think what I'm going to end up getting is a Borla exhaust and purchase some electric cutouts for it. I know a few members on here said the sound was modest until you stepped on the gas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere on this site that a Borla Exhaust 140112 is not recommended if you plan on modifying your performance for extra Horse power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do a search for "brylcream". I've don it and stand by it as one of the best mods / solutions for making the car sound the way it should have from the factory. Not too loud. Not to quiet. Just right! Best thing of all is its cheap to do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
After reading lots of posts on this subject I am going to have this mod(suitcase muffler removed) for around $60 next week.
Randy

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the 112's are the quieter ones with resonators to stop some of that drone

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I heard that the 112's aren't good if you plan on increasing your car's performance in the future. So I would basically have to take off my exhaust system and add another if I decide to modify. $$$$

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
magnaflow is pretty tame too i hear. the reason they say that about the borla is because the pipes are like 1/4(i think) smaller than other brands, so when you start shoving exhaust out that back end with more HP from otehr stuff it can bog up a bit and you wont get max gains.

now im not sure what mods are included in improving your HP enough to actually lose some of it to your catback.... for example: with just headers/HFCs/borla 112... a CAI and a Chip... are you gaining enough to have the 112's stop some of that gain? or do you need a cam and heads to get that?

are the 125's as restrictive? as far as pipe size goes? i know they dont have the resos.

i dont know all these answers, but i know they matter so im bringing them up :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
ima guess corsa would be the quietest with the best performance. maybe sombody with the system could chime in. zoomers are nice. . no drone but maybe a lil loud for you. .

·
Registered
82 Posts
ima guess corsa would be the quietest with the best performance. maybe sombody with the system could chime in. zoomers are nice. . no drone but maybe a lil loud for you. .
From what I've heard, most consider Corsa to be louder then our system. Performance wise, our mufflers are straight through so there is no restriction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts