Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I’m working here is a 2014 Dodge Charger RT with a bolt on cat back Flowmaster Force II exhaust system.

I had it installed about 6 years ago by a local CarX shop. This past year I noticed a loud popping noise beneath what feels like my front passenger area beneath my feet. It seems like it’s happening mostly when decelerating and never while accelerating and never at idle. In the cold weather it seems more prevalent. Now the last couple times I’ve brought it into CarX I was told I may have an exhaust leak as black carbon appeared to be building up at the joints where it’s bolted on near the x pipe.

I replaced the spark plugs last year and don’t have any error codes.

Can this be what’s causing the popping noises and if so is there a solution to fixing this problem without welding our buying a new exhaust system?

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it as a kit from Autozone back in 2015 and it came with clamps but they’re narrow with one bolt each. I ended up finding a method on YouTube to check for leaks where air is blown into the exhaust pipe and spraying soapy water on those clamp points to see if there’s bubbling. I found multiple areas where air was escaping. I ended up using JB Weld high heat epoxy and slathered that all around the clamp points. I’m giving it a full 24hrs to cure and hoping that fixes the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts