Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 Charger R/T AWD in Inferno Red. I love the way it sounds, esp under heavy acceleration. However, I would like to just make it a little louder, but not too loud, and a little more ballsy and muscular sounding. I'm looking into Flowmaster Super 44 and Jba exhausts. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Like I said, I want a muscle car and ballsy/aggressive sound, however I don't want it to be obnoxious or too loud. I'm also afraid of getting a sound like those crappy old civics or GTIs lol, theyre too loud and sound like crap and every time I see one me and my friends are making fun of it lol, so i would like something that people are like "oh man that sounds good," not "oh man thats loud but sounds like ****." So if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. im not sure what kind of sound I want. At first i wanted a classic muscle kind of sound, but then I heard my friend's 2010 Mustang GT and fell in love with that sound. Either way I'd be happy.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I put a JBA cat-back on about 6 weeks ago and I don't have a single regret. I think it sounds great. It's definitely louder than stock, but not obnoxious. I do get resonance/drone cruising at about 75-80mph as well as when the car is running through the gears on acceleration. I turned off my mds with the Predator, so I don't experience the mds drone when the car is running on 4 cylinders.

For the price, the JBA is a great value. A note on the fit and finish, when my box arrived, first thing I tried test fitting all the pieces together on the ground. I discovered that several of the pipe ends (or maybe it was the mufflers) were out of round. This is a very minor issue if you plan to get it installed at an exhaust shop, as the pros have ways to easily deal with it. Initially, the x-pipe clanked on the tunnel brace over bumps. I shimmed the brace with a few washers and I ordered the Razor's Edge tunnel brace (designed to clear larger diameter x-pipes) which I should receive this week. Shimming the brace with washers gave it enough clearance so it doesn't clank there nor anywhere else. These are minor issues and were easily resolved.

As for performance gains, I can only go by the seat of my pants. I run the Diablo canned 91 oct perf tune. With the addition of the JBA exhaust, it feels to me like it pulls harder top end and it pulls just as hard as before off the line (ie, I didn't seem to lose any low end torque), but again, this is my un-scientific seat of the pants impression.

My thumbs up to the JBA! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana,I have magnaflow catback exhaust and love it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
An exhaust from a Daytona will probably give you the sound you want and you will have zero installation issues. Check the parts for sale section periodically and you should be able to find one. Also a R/T R&T exhaust will do the trick as well. Youtube has a number of videos with different exhaust on Chargers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a 2007 charger r/t AWD and personally, i went with the Corsa catback exhaust, there is no drone-limited drone while crusing down the road. It has an amazing sound, not extremely loud, but gives it a great sound. Everybody that i talk to at meets, are like "oh man, that's a really good sound, who's the exhaust by???" Corsa is fairly expensive though, like 1500 for it, you can install it yourself, but if you want, you can have someone else install it for like 100 or so...maybe less. Eitherway, i personally prefer corsa exhaust on chargers, and now i want a little bit deeper sound so i'm installing bbk shorty headers this weekend.

Flowmaster and Magnaflow will have some drone at all rpm's where as corsa is quiet until you decide to get on it

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm using JBA cat-back and JBA shorty headers on my car, and love the sound.

Yes it's loud, and yes, it's droney at highway cruising speeds, and females don't seem to like it, but I'm single and the 2 females that didn't like it were my brother's wives, and they don't live around here (they all visited recently - hence the reason they were in my car :) )

You can hear a nice sample of it by clicking on the link in my sig ;)

I also have a 2007 charger r/t AWD and personally, i went with the Corsa catback exhaust, there is no drone-limited drone while crusing down the road. It has an amazing sound, not extremely loud, but gives it a great sound. Everybody that i talk to at meets, are like "oh man, that's a really good sound, who's the exhaust by???" Corsa is fairly expensive though, like 1500 for it, you can install it yourself, but if you want, you can have someone else install it for like 100 or so...maybe less. Eitherway, i personally prefer corsa exhaust on chargers, and now i want a little bit deeper sound so i'm installing bbk shorty headers this weekend.

Flowmaster and Magnaflow will have some drone at all rpm's where as corsa is quiet until you decide to get on it
Headers don't usually make the sound deeper, they make it more hollow .... at least, that's what mine did

The clip in the link in my sig has the headers and cat-back installed, and the idle lope is due to the aftermarket camshaft :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts