Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, does anyone out there have an R/T w/ the performance group option that can tell us (or post sound clip :happy: ) how good the exhaust sounds? Much appreciated.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I never could get a straight answer to that question. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The R/T package is not the same as the Performance Package which can be added on top of the R/T. The PP has the exact same exhaust, tires, suspension, and racing seats as the Daytona. The only difference is the paint job and the Daytona stitching on the seats. I wouldn't know why they would sound any different...

I would also love to hear a sound clip of the Daytona or Performance Package reving the engine a bit. The normal R/T that I test drove was sort of subdued considering there is a 5.7v8 in there. My R/T w/ PP was supposed to ship today. Hopefully I can answer your question soon...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ghengisdan said:
The R/T package is not the same as the Performance Package which can be added on top of the R/T. The PP has the exact same exhaust, tires, suspension, and racing seats as the Daytona. The only difference is the paint job and the Daytona stitching on the seats. I wouldn't know why they would sound any different...

from info gathered from this site and elsewhere... the "road and track" performance package has a different exhaust then the Daytona

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I started up the R/T with road and track pack at my dealer when I was getting an oil change on my R/T. The exhaust does sound a little better but I think some people are still going to be disappointed. It does not sound as good as what I have heard on the sound clips of the Zoomers exhaust.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
I started up the R/T with road and track pack at my dealer when I was getting an oil change on my R/T. The exhaust does sound a little better but I think some people are still going to be disappointed. It does not sound as good as what I have heard on the sound clips of the Zoomers exhaust.
I would say the same for the Daytona I saw yesterday.. zoomers definitly has a beefier sound

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I am trying to talk the old lady into allowing me to get on the list to get the Zoomers cat back but even at the discounted price I am having a hard time convincing her that I have to have this exhaust. I spoke with one of the owners of Zoomers on the phone and this system sounds like it would be one of the best on the market for the R/T so far. I really want one for my R/T.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not likely. But, if the Performance Group sounds more aggressive than the regular R/T, i won't be in any rush to change the exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
it does sound a little better than the R/T. But you got to remember you put on a cat back and you will always get a little more HP and better fuel economy. That I think is a major plus in my argument with thw wife about getting the Zoomers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
I am trying to talk the old lady into allowing me to get on the list to get the Zoomers cat back but even at the discounted price I am having a hard time convincing her that I have to have this exhaust. I spoke with one of the owners of Zoomers on the phone and this system sounds like it would be one of the best on the market for the R/T so far. I really want one for my R/T.
I can ship it to a muffler shop who might do the install for you. Do you think she'll notice the difference?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I guess I've gotten an answer to my own question today in a round about way. A dealer I had visited quite some time ago to get some Daytona info called to say his 1st had hit his lot. I went over to check it out. I was anxious to see and hear the car. I have right of 1st refusal on a Top Banana at another dealer, as well as a black R/T w performance package. After seeing the GoMan today, I decided not to go with the Daytona. I didn't really like the interior treatments. Anyway, I had the saleman start her up. The exhust note was ok, but not as aggressive as I would like. Also got raspy ay high rpm. I've heard the Zoomers on an R/T and thats what I'm planing to do. So it's an "R/T w/ the r/t" and Zoomers to go for me :) . Just have to sit tight for about 8 weeks. OUCH!

Hear Zoomers here:

http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/dodgeCharger/default.htm

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ok... Whats the Zoomers package gonna cost me? I want it to LOOK and SOUND just like theirs! Also is the entire system Stainless Steel and Chrome?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Aperformance said:
I can ship it to a muffler shop who might do the install for you. Do you think she'll notice the difference?
I spoke with someone in your shop on Friday. The wife takes care of the expenses, and she is sure to notice. It may take me a few days to convince her I really need it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts