Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought jba shorty headers ,highflow cats and i have 6db blasting bobs kit.I know gabes got magnaflows and blasting bob reso delete kit.My question is do you think it would sound better with magnaflows or stock suitcase considering i will have high flows and headers and blasting bob together.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come guys is anybody gonna chime in.I want to know if its worth the money to go with magnaflows for better sound.Or is it just too save weight.Somebody must off gone this route.highflows shorty headers blasting bobs 6 db and suitcase or magnaflows...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Well, you can hear WOT on my custom set-up in the video below :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOQ5__puU8

I'm running 2 Magnaflows where the middle "suitcase" used to be and a resonator-replacement 5db Blastin Bob's kit

The Magnaflows:

The black-tipped current Blastin' Bob's kit (in this pic it's about to be installed, with old/dirty just-removed 4db resonated kit next to it):

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your stock Charger muffler has a straight thru 2 1/2" perforated core just like a magnaflow only better because it doesn't lose size through the core like magnaflows do, when they bend that perforated core the tubing collapses on the outer part of the bend shrinking the size in the bend.
To answer your question, a short 14" magnaflow will be a little louder then your stock suitcase.

Bob

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Your stock Charger muffler has a straight thru 2 1/2" perforated core just like a magnaflow only better because it doesn't lose size through the core like magnaflows do, when they bend that perforated core the tubing collapses on the outer part of the bend shrinking the size in the bend.
To answer your question, a short 14" magnaflow will be a little louder then your stock suitcase.

Bob

Are you saying that the Magnaflow mufflers have non-Mandrel bent pipes within them ?

I know the Blastin' Bob's kit out back isn't Mandrel-bent ... I think he started offering that as an option after I got mine ... :)

Sounds awesome Gabe....
Thanks Brian ... :bigthumb:

Eventually, I plan on getting a complete cat-back with a new X-pipe, maybe even high-flow cats, now that they're available for the AWD ...

I'll most likely end up with the JBA cat-back ...

Some JBA sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWV6EFkKzJg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0mijf7JKU

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you saying that the Magnaflow mufflers have non-Mandrel bent pipes within them ?
Correct, if there was a mandrel in the core when it was bent to an "S" shape it would not collapse. I believe that a mandrel would get pretty beat up since magnaflow perforations go from end to end in the core and the stock suitcase has perforations only in the center part of the core.

Borrowed picture of the stock Charger core.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts