Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a 2007 charger r/t recently and though I am not looking to do any serious motor work at this time I have decided that I want to free it up a little bit. I have already purchased and installed the mopar cai to give it a better look under the hood. Now I have been researching and reading and it seems that everyone says the first thing you should do is change the exhaust as the factory one is so restrictive on the 5.7 hemi's. I ordered the magnaflow #15628, because they are a good name and come all stainless w/ polished mufflers and 4" tips which I liked. It is designed to look good and be less restrictive, while not being real loud, but a good deep roar when in the throttle. Now I am wondering what type of headers and hi flow cats to get. I am down to mopar long tubes, kooks long tubes, or the dynomaxx supermaxx long tubes. I am just looking to free her up a little more, and maybe give her a little more of a growl. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase, great Choice!!!

Don't forget to research SLP's longtubes...I went the Mopar route and couldnt be much happier, However better gains may be found with the other choices but you run the risk of codes because of too much air-flow (maybe not so bad, considering that's the goal).

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I take it that you have not had any trouble with the mopar long tubes? Could you tell a difference in poer and torque as well as a little better sound. I am always leaning toward the mopar stuff, because I want to keep it as much mopar as possible, with the exception of the magnaflow catback. I take it that the mopar long tubes are designed perfectly so that they throw no codes? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sorry man, i just saw this...

No problems with the Mopar Longtubes as far as quality. Maybe beginner modding issues as i ran outta energy trying to do this job myself and dont think i tightened the last few bolts well enough and they wiggled out. It wasnt easy finding the right replacement bolts with the correct thread pattern either.

I didnt notice much power or torque right off the bat, however, i didnt do what i guess people are supposed to do after - which is pulling the fuses for adaptive learning. Now i feel the power difference, but its not Huge. That's kinda why i suspect other brands, like Kooks or SLP and the people getting all the codes may have more power.

What i noticed right away was the sound improvement, it just sounded perfect. Not piss off the neighbors loud, just nice and deep and flowing.

The minor gains are nice but i would buy them again just based off how they made my Hemi growl.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good, that is what I am kinda looking for. A little extra power and torque from the more free flow that they get, but mainly a little extra growl to go with the magnaflows. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
564 Posts
or u could go with jba shorties and high flow cats....i have the jba system and it sounds great (high flow cats will be here friday!)

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have the mopar HP headers and they come with new cats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts