Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the outside diameter of a stock 2013 rt exhaust pipes? Just ordered my spintec and I doubt they are three inches so I need to buy some adapters for welding

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Your adapters will need to be 2.5 OD to fit over 2.5 ID. Very simple as you said.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Your adapters will need to be 2.5 OD to fit over 2.5 ID. Very simple as you said.
I know I am new here, but this does not make sense. Did you mean 2.5" OD adapters will fit "inside" 2.5" ID pipe ? Because you can not take something with the OD being the same size as the ID and make the OD piece "fit over" the ID piece, you have metal (however thick it is) on both pieces going in opposite directions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pipes from the x pipe back are actually 2 1/4 I measured them but I'm upgrading to 2 1/2 with spintec mufflers tomorrow should sound pretty bad ass. And the adapters can be flared any way @bake74 I'm welding all of it. Ill post a vid if you guys wanna hear it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
The pipes from the x pipe back are actually 2 1/4 I measured them but I'm upgrading to 2 1/2 with spintec mufflers tomorrow should sound pretty bad ass. And the adapters can be flared any way @bake74 I'm welding all of it. Ill post a vid if you guys wanna hear it?
Post a vid, I will listen for sure.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I do all my own exhaust work. What I'm saying is they measure the adapter like this 2.5 OD and 2.5id. That meaning one side will fit over 2.5 ID tubing and the other side would but flush to 2.5ID tubing. Meaning if you need a adapter and it need to fit over 2.5ID the adapter need to be 2.5OD. Just finished my exhaust today. Here's a few pics a videos so you can see how I used adapters to go from. 2.5OD to 3OD and then back down from 3 to 2.5. Click on last pic to see video.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You can also buy and exhaust tubing expander kit for 60$ to make your own slip joints. You use and impact and and it opens the ends up to accept the other pipe. I have these and they work fairly well but 3$ adapters are quicker and easier.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Simple answer you need 2.5OD to 3''OD to put the mufflers in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the military and they have a shop on base that bends tubes and flares them for free so def going that route. And that thing sounds nasty "wtf" do you have a cam sounds a little lopey

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Nope bone stock. I also have a pipe bender but its not a mandrel bender. I just pack the tubing full of sand to keep it from crinkling or creasing. I have changed my exhaust 12 times since I bought the car in 09 and finally found the right sound. I will have longtubes going on in two weeks to finish it off. I'm not familiar with the mufflers your using but if they are meant to be extremely loud your gonna want resonated tips. Here's a video before I put the resonated tips on today

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What the hell is a resonated tip do? And spintec is some high tech stuff it's not like magnaflow flowasster or cords. Etc. they use this crazy design that spins the air through the exhaust hence the name "spintec" but they are growing quickly into the market a lot of LS1 people use them

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Oh lord, your not one of those guys that believes tb spacers work are you?? I can guarantee the spinning the exhaust gases doesn't improve hp over any conventional chambered or race muffler.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh hell no haha I know what kind of guys you're talking about tho. Exhaust doesn't really help with power at all it's more sound than anything . Maybe a 5 to 10hp gain if that. But I bought it cause it sounds awesome

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Lol so glad you have a sense of humor, that lacks in a ton of members here!! Cool ill have to look them up myself and as for resonated tips. The have a perforated center and packed w/ a fiberglass like material to knock of some DBS under part throttle. Under WOT conditions they act like any other tip. You should be able to tell the difference between the two videos I posted. They also help produce a deeper tone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea you charger guys are a little on the weird side lol i came from the gto fourms and those members were pretty funny but huge d!£ks! lol.Got a link to where I can buy one bud?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Resonated tips? What shape and size?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I do all my own exhaust work. What I'm saying is they measure the adapter like this 2.5 OD and 2.5id. That meaning one side will fit over 2.5 ID tubing and the other side would but flush to 2.5ID tubing. Meaning if you need a adapter and it need to fit over 2.5ID the adapter need to be 2.5OD. Just finished my exhaust today. Here's a few pics a videos so you can see how I used adapters to go from. 2.5OD to 3OD and then back down from 3 to 2.5. Click on last pic to see video.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol so glad you have a sense of humor, that lacks in a ton of members here!! Cool ill have to look them up myself and as for resonated tips. The have a perforated center and packed w/ a fiberglass like material to knock of some DBS under part throttle. Under WOT conditions they act like any other tip. You should be able to tell the difference between the two videos I posted. They also help produce a deeper tone.
I have a video PM me your email if any of you guys wanna hear it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts