Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to improve whatever necessary to make the exhaust louder and for it to pop and crackle without any dissapointment!

I was looking at Stainless Works since a video I saw - or maybe I don't need a full setup change?

Can you advise what changes or setup do you recommend for the volume ++++ and pops please?

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,272 Posts
You do realize you have a Active exhaust and when you are in Sports or Track, you will pop and crackle to your hearts desire. Most people who get this car love the exhaust I'm included. But if you must change it which I find to be a total waste of money, look into Corsa.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do realize you have a Active exhaust and when you are in Sports or Track, you will pop and crackle to your hearts desire. Most people who get this car love the exhaust I'm included. But if you must change it which I find to be a total waste of money, look into Corsa.
Thanks again Mantis. I agree, sounds great. But not good enough - think it has more to offer? I want this thing to pop and crackle like a MF.

· Registered
2,272 Posts
Then Corsa is your game. They make some of the loudest Exhaust systems for the Charger. Don't do the Delete stuff, you loose power and it sounds like crap. I don't like it.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then Corsa is your game. They make some of the loudest Exhaust systems for the Charger. Don't do the Delete stuff, you loose power and it sounds like crap. I don't like it.
Am I picking from this list here?

Would you recommend straight through over cat?

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,646 Posts
You do not lose power from doing a mid muffler delete. Where does this shit even come from???

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2021 WB Hellcat and 2013 RT Plus AWD
234 Posts
You do not lose power from doing a mid muffler delete. Where does this shit even come from???

Yep, mid muffler delete is a nice boost in sound without any loss in power. I think it sounds great on the Scats, too. I may do one on my 'Cat when it arrives if I don't love the factory note after I drive it a while. I love the mmd on my RT (paired with the sound of the CAI).

· Registered
2,272 Posts

How do you know? I was told, not from my experience that when you cut out the mufflers and Resonators, it changes the back pressure and you lose power. How much power ? I have no idea.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
How do you know? I was told, not from my experience that when you cut out the mufflers and Resonators, it changes the back pressure and you lose power. How much power ? I have no idea.
First off, back pressure is a myth. We do not need back pressure. It's been proven over and over and over again. Engine Masters even did a show on it proving it to be false.

Secondly, 15+ Scats have straight through mufflers and resos with perforated tubes. Some got the round Hellcat mufflers and some got the oval casings. Either way there are no baffles and absolutely nothing to create back pressure.

What new delete folks feel is exactly the same power with a lot more noise that fools the brain into thinking that they're slower because "noise should equal power".

Whoever told you that load of crap, stop listening to them.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
OK, lets try mid muffler delete and see where we go. Did you upgrade to straight through eventually?
My car is nowhere near stock. The only thing on my exhaust that IS stock are the X-pipes, active exhaust valves and resonators.

Before the build I was running mid muffler delete and resos in place with no adverse effects...even ran it with long tubes and catless for a while and was happy with it. Now with long tubes, catless mids and a Procharged 426 it makes too much noise without mid mufflers lol

I have Summit's Dynomax knock- offs on it where the mids were. They're larger than the stock mufflers and it's still loud as hell.

Try the delete first. If you don't like it (it's going to be LOUD) then have some mini-bullets or Vibrants installed. There's plenty of info on here about either option.

· Registered
2017 Corvette Z06/Z07 3LZ
84 Posts
Mid Muffler delete with Dyno Max race bullets. Sounds amazing, cracks and pops like crazy (sounds like thunder), no rasp at any RPM unlike straight pipes, and no drone. BEST BANG FOR BUCK. I was hesitant about cutting the exhaust but it sounded epic and was the best mod I did to my old scat... everyone thought it was a full cat back. My old man was against it but once he heard it in person he was amazed. No need to waste money on a cat back with these cars. The stock exhaust sounds good but at the end of the day its stock and that's just boring... life to short to drive a boring car :cool:

· Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody
44 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to improve whatever necessary to make the exhaust louder and for it to pop and crackle without any dissapointment!

I was looking at Stainless Works since a video I saw - or maybe I don't need a full setup change?

Can you advise what changes or setup do you recommend for the volume ++++ and pops please?

View attachment 299157

View attachment 299158
Beautiful car by the way! Just a suggestion but on my Widebody I have the AFE Power catback exhaust on mine, it deletes the mid muffler and resonator. I absolutely love it! Cold starts are the best. In my opinion only downfall is the drone you get inside the cabin... but other than that a nice exhaust

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mid Muffler delete with Dyno Max race bullets. Sounds amazing, cracks and pops like crazy (sounds like thunder), no rasp at any RPM unlike straight pipes, and no drone. BEST BANG FOR BUCK. I was hesitant about cutting the exhaust but it sounded epic and was the best mod I did to my old scat... everyone thought it was a full cat back. My old man was against it but once he heard it in person he was amazed. No need to waste money on a cat back with these cars. The stock exhaust sounds good but at the end of the day its stock and that's just boring... life to short to drive a boring car :cool:
This sounds like the right way to go while waiting for garage to get all of the parts together. Thanks!

· Registered
'22 SPWB +, Octane Red, Carbon stripes, H/K audio, MSG wheels. Delivered and picking up April 29th.
176 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 299157

View attachment 299158
If Mantis' comment isn't enough, forgo the exhaust replacement and do a mid muffler delete. All good!

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 299157

View attachment 299158
Why would you change the sound of this exhaust??? It is the best sounding factory exhaust on the road. Just drive around in either Sport or Custom mode and it will sound badass all the time. Of course, you will pay for that in fuel! Add on a Cold Air Intake system and it will improve the sound when you get on it.

· Registered
190 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 299157

View attachment 299158
I did mid muffler delete on both my Hellcat Durango and my Hellcat Charger and was very happy. Inexpensive too!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts