Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to upgrade my sound i have a 06 r/t should i go wit an exhaust or the cutouts?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm in the same place. I had a JBA exhaust on my RT and I loved it. Now I'm deciding if I'd rather have e-cutouts to be able to tailor the volume from quiet to real loud on my SRT.

Any thoughts from those with e-cutouts? Can you really get quiet to real loud and every volume in between? Fill us in on all the tiny details so we know exactly what to expect!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been wondering if e-cutouts can make performance worse. If you drive around with them closed and HAL "learns" that. Then you go to the track and at the last minute open them, is HAL gonna have a fit until it "re-learns"

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
You can have the cutouts vary from full open to full closed. I dont have them yet, but 3 other vegas chargers do, and holy carp batman!
If you are worried about HAL, but a diablo and reset the learning curve at the track.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You can have the cutouts vary from full open to full closed. I dont have them yet, but 3 other vegas chargers do, and holy carp batman!
If you are worried about HAL, but a diablo and reset the learning curve at the track.
So I should be able to achieve something roughly the volume of my old JBA exhaust? I'm guessing it will have a much rawer sound though. I really miss the sound but sometimes I wanted it quieter and sometimes I wanted it louder... Well, louder mostly :rockon:

·
Registered
676 Posts
E-cutouts will definitely give you louder....but I don't believe they would give you any more performance than a well designed catback would. If you want to know what they will sound like before you buy them, just unbolt the x-pipe right after the catalytic converters and completely disconnect it from them. Start your car up and listen to the monster. The sound is intoxicating but only for a short amount of time......well, at least for me personally.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
reset the learning curve at the track.

From all I've read the adaptive learning isn't active during WOT so the
fuse pull would have no effect.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I am having my E-Cutout installed Saturday; I'll take pictures once they are installed. I bought mine from DMH, here are pictures of the ones I bought. I could be wrong, and when I say wrong, I mean really wrong but I believe you gain around 12HP depending on your car. For stainless steel you have to make sure someone has a Tig Welder or Wired Feed if you get the DMH ones to have a strong bond.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
There is a guy that lives near me with an SRT and he has cutouts, his car is a little louder than mine, but my car has a better tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts