Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5.7 with the brylcreem (no suitcase muffler, rear reso still on) and have a pair of jba catless mid pipes on their way. I know its going to sound substantially louder and some people even have gone so far as to say that the added heat is going to burn up my resos in no time. So whats a good exhaust to give me a mean but tolerable tone with minimal drone. By the way i took mds off with the predator, so v4 drone is not going to be an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MBRP.com - I put their system on choosing over Borla. It does what you are asking for, the drone from mds is bearable, why you can even carry on conversations in the cabin. Shop around for a good price. I ended up calling them direct and got the best price after whining how their distributors are gouging customers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
haha so you went with the mbrp kit after all? did any of my input help sway your decision? How much did you end up paying for it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You input did have some influence. The site and speaking to their reps finalized my decision. I paid $890 before taxes. The crooks (mufflerman, etc) wanted well over $1100 for this system. It would have been cheaper to order from California but when I pleaded my case to MBRP they took pity on me and sold it to me for 890. This setup, comparing it to my Borla, is a lot quieter on idling and just roars when you go wide open. Lots of comments on the sound and lookers checking out the tailpipes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh ya can't resist checkin out tips. they're gorgeous. I always look at em and say damn they're nice and then realize oh thats my car lol. I love the sound at WOT. Such a nice kit! Expecially for free! lol I put my MBRP and Diablo Decals on today to rep my sponsors lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts