Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 rt hemi with stock exhaust, but I'm looking to make it louder (not concerned about adding performance) . At the moment I don't have the money for a new exhaust and don't want to spend any money on "small mods" for now. So I was wondering if I could just take the mufflers off for now until I can get my hands on a new exhaust. I'm just looking to get a nice loud roar when I hit it. Instead of the almost "silent" stock exhaust. Any input will be greatly appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Leave the resonators on at the back, remove the center "suitcase" muffler. should be $100 or less. Adds some muscle without the drone. To really improve on, buy a set of used catalytic convertors and knock the center out. you'll have to modify the O2 sensor to avoid the code... but that makes all the diff in the world ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the muffler removed on my 06 R/T. I left the resonators on. I have been pleased with the sound. It added a nice tone and some volume to the exhaust.

Did you put pipes in where you took the suitcase muffler out or did you leave it open? And I was also looking at it today and the right pipe coming out of the suitcase going to the tips looks like it's welded on or something(second picture) it doesn't unbolt anywhere.. But on the left pipe (first picture) it unbolts right from the suitcase. So it looks like if I wanted to take off the suit case I would have to cut the right pipe off or completely take it off with the rest of the suitcase, am I wrong? ImageUploadedByAG Free1395204585.548698.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1395204644.077187.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts