Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this forum stuff and I was wondering if I could get some help, I plan on buying some JBA long tube Headers and mid pipes and was wondering is there anything else I would need to buy to fit my set up. I am stock and it’s a 18 Dodge Charger R/T
Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,905 Posts
Well.............. Your gonna need cats and o2 sensor extension cables, unless you are not going to have cats then you will need to do pcm work to kill the codes, and you will need to do some tuning because headers without any other mods may make it either run the same or not as good. Headers are usually added to complement other mods like supercharger, or cam, or both and such.
Headers alone are an expensive mod with little to no gains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.............. Your gonna need cats and o2 sensor extension cables, unless you are not going to have cats then you will need to do pcm work to kill the codes, and you will need to do some tuning because headers without any other mods may make it either run the same or not as good. Headers are usually added to complement other mods like supercharger, or cam, or both and such.
Headers alone are an expensive mod with little to no gains.
Yea I plan on pro charging it! So first I should buy a unlocked PCM and a tuner then get the headers so when they are put on I can have it tuned?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yea I plan on pro charging it! So first I should buy a unlocked PCM and a tuner then get the headers so when they are put on I can have it tuned?
If you buy a Procharger you will most likely need to get a complete kit, which includes a tuner. So if you buy one now, you will have two. Keep in mind that some Procharger sellers may ask for your vehicle's VIN. If they do, they will marry the tuner to your vehicle which makes it almost worthless to sell.

Unlocking a PCM is about $500. A tune is about $350. A tuner is about $400. So you are looking at $1250, probably close to $1500 even before the cost of the headers.

As I understand it, long tube headers will gain you about 30hp on their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts