Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the sound of the Brylcreem exhaust mod, but my main objective is to get rid of those ugly resonators in the back. I want the final look to just be 3.5" or 4" SS slash cut tips peeking out that go as far under as the eye can see (like 12" long or better).

The only two catback systems I can find like this are the SLP LM1 and LM2, and then the JBA.

I'm thinking the LM1 is gonna be too loud, like I said, I like the Brylcreem sound, don't like the look in the back.

Anyone have experience with the JBA, or the LM2? I went to the lxsoundclips page, but it's hard to tell on some of those.

Is there another company I should be looking at?

·
Registered
507 Posts
i have SLP LM2 now from zoomers. . if i had to rate the loudness of each it would be as follows

stock=0
straigh pipe=10
slp LM2=8
slp LM1=9
Zoomers=7

and yes i have heard them all, and yes this is just my opinion. .:)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the borla 125's have HUGE tips.

very goo quality product.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I really like the sound of the Brylcreem exhaust mod, but my main objective is to get rid of those ugly resonators in the back. I want the final look to just be 3.5" or 4" SS slash cut tips peeking out that go as far under as the eye can see (like 12" long or better).

The only two catback systems I can find like this are the SLP LM1 and LM2, and then the JBA.

I'm thinking the LM1 is gonna be too loud, like I said, I like the Brylcreem sound, don't like the look in the back.

Anyone have experience with the JBA, or the LM2? I went to the lxsoundclips page, but it's hard to tell on some of those.

Is there another company I should be looking at?
How about these tips? AERO EXHAUST TIPS

Edit... Sorry I thought that you wanted just the tips.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want huge O.D. tips....the stocks are a little over 3", I figured 3.5" or 4" would look nice.

I really don't want the resonators or anything else in the back except the tips. But I also don't want it to sound like a pickup truck with flowmasters or cherrybombs either.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Could you not just purchase the tips that you like and relocate the resonaters further up the exhaust system? It's a lot of work imo, but if you really like the sound you already have then going with a different exhaust system setup will only take you away from the sound that you currently enjoy..... I think.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Okay, dumb question... where did you find a sound clip of the brylcreem mod? I just had the R/T Exhaust (full stock) installed on my 3.5l and I think it's maybe too quiet. I'd love to find sound clips of the Brylcreem mod. and just the Tuna-boat mod. I've listened to all the ones in the V-6 group already, but they don't have just those two... thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, dumb question... where did you find a sound clip of the brylcreem mod? I just had the R/T Exhaust (full stock) installed on my 3.5l and I think it's maybe too quiet. I'd love to find sound clips of the Brylcreem mod. and just the Tuna-boat mod. I've listened to all the ones in the V-6 group already, but they don't have just those two... thanks!
It's the number one thread right now. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18598

He has sound clips after the pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you not just purchase the tips that you like and relocate the resonaters further up the exhaust system? It's a lot of work imo, but if you really like the sound you already have then going with a different exhaust system setup will only take you away from the sound that you currently enjoy..... I think.
I currently have bone stock exhaust with 1200 miles on it. I have only heard the sound clips of the brylcreem mod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm seriously thinking about the JBA exhaust. Does anyone have anything against it? This would be cat back only for now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about the JBA exhaust. Does anyone have anything against it? This would be cat back only for now.

Thanks.
From what I have heard JBA is a good sounding exhaust, especially when combined with their headers. I had thought about the jba myself, but then heard so many good things on the LM2. I went with SLP.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the bassani system sounds and performs great. it is also the cheapest exhaust system (i think) it runs at like 600 or so. it has really long tips that are the right size. i'd really look at it before you buy anything else.

this link is for the stainless bassani system. its more expensive than the aluminized one, but still cheaper than most other systems. i think both systems sound the same, but this one is probably heavier. every1 says they are great quality product tho

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=428

·
Registered
50 Posts
ReevesRacing, you pretty much described my Cherry Bomb Catback System. H-pipes, two Vortex mufflers, pipes and tips. No resonators, no drone, awesome rumble. Was told by my Mopar mechanic it is the best sounding exhaust he's heard so far on an RT (caught the mechanics in the garage test driving it and it reminded me of the two guys from Ferris Bueller's Day Off driving the Ferrari). Just another option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I have heard JBA is a good sounding exhaust, especially when combined with their headers. I had thought about the jba myself, but then heard so many good things on the LM2. I went with SLP.
How well do you like the SLP LM2? I mean, is it daily drivable? Will it p off the neighbors in early morning when the car is started?

I think I'm gonna go with the JBA cause it theoretically should be quieter, and imo has better looking tips. I'm just really worried it's gonna sound like a truck with flowmasters. Can anyone confirm it doesn't?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ReevesRacing, you pretty much described my Cherry Bomb Catback System. H-pipes, two Vortex mufflers, pipes and tips. No resonators, no drone, awesome rumble. Was told by my Mopar mechanic it is the best sounding exhaust he's heard so far on an RT (caught the mechanics in the garage test driving it and it reminded me of the two guys from Ferris Bueller's Day Off driving the Ferrari). Just another option.
Is it all stainless? The only thing I read that was stainless was the tips.
Can you send me pictures?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is it all stainless? The only thing I read that was stainless was the tips.
Can you send me pictures?
Will work on pictures of mine for you. For now, go to LXforums.com, punch in Cherry Bomb on the search engine, and under the thread THIS MOD IS DA BOMB is a guy with the same setup as me with plenty of pictures. He also seems pleased with the system. Hope this can help. Also, you are correct, only the tips are stainless, the pipes are alluminized back to the tips.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have magnaflow fatback system on my SRT. If I cut off the resonators would it be too loud and would I lose any power?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I have magnaflow fatback system on my SRT. If I cut off the resonators would it be too loud and would I lose any power?
lol, too loud? no, not in my opinion. my neighbor did the same exhaust mod i have done to his 300srt. sounds amazing.

what i would rec doing is having the shop remove unhinge the pipes leading to the resos with your magnaflow. that will give you some idea of the sound.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.