Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. About 24 hours after I bought my R/T I had the stock resonators removed and straight pipe replaced and 3.5" rolled edge tips added. I love the sound, but I have a bit of humming on accel on the top of every gear after leaving a light. It is not present when cruising in 5th gear.

I was considering adding Dynomax bullet mufflers (similar to a glasspack) inline in an attempt to kill the humming and knocking out some of the MDS drone at freeway speeds.

Anyone done anything like this?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another run at the top....

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I'd suggest putting those resos back and and dropping the suitcase muffler in the center of the car.

Replacing the suitcase muffler with glass packs will not solve the problem. It's different frequencies that emit from different areas.

I don't know a single person that is happy with a reso delete.

If you don't want to put the resos back, just break down and get a full catback exhaust. The damage is done, don't waste more money trying to fix it.

However, I hear that Blastin Bob's resos can be welded in place of the resos. I think Zoomers has reso tips too.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yep you need reso's. I have that every now and again with my JBA complete system but I like noise so it does not bother me

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
x2 - Replace the suitcase mufflers. Get some Flowmaster Super 44s from Summit Racing $80/each. That is one cheap mod (if you do the install yourself) that will bring a smile for years.

·
Registered
953 Posts
sorry guy's
love the reso's gone
would not put them back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts