Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 08 Super Bee out of the shop with a new set of QTP electric exhaust cutouts installed. There is absoutely no doubt this is how the car was meant to sound....at least if you dont intend on ever speaking to anyone in it...So yeah it sounds heavenly.

Im posting on here to see if anyone else has done this yet. I've seen plenty of 5.7's on the threads and on youtube but havent come across any 6.1's to have done it yet. If you have done it, have you noticed a considerable power gain? Somehow its been raining here in San Diego for the last FOUR days and I havent had a dry road to go out and really see how it measures up on the 0-60 time. (I've been averaging right at 5.0s, but after I put in an Airaid hood-scoop intake, I got two back to back 4.8s--which I havent been able to reproduce yet)

From what I can tell, she now seems to lag a bit in the 1000-3000 RPM range, but then REALLY gets going after that. I'd rather not get into the "backpressure" discussion....so please lets not get into that. Any other thoughts are more than welcome! :rocker:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hey there. I have the DMH low profile cutouts on my SRT. Yeah it definitely sounds badass. I leave them open pretty much all the time. I also noticed a sluggishness at lower rpms but it seems to just go ape**** when the rpms get up there. I've had my gaskets blow out, which others with DMH have complained about. So until I put some gasket maker on there, they aren't totally silent when closed. I'm not sure why DMH hasn't solved this issue yet...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice! Ive been thinking about this mod recently.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have em on the Challenger. Love the sound, especially with the ability to open them on demand at stop lights when some four-banger acts like he can eat your lunch.

With the supercharger, you get a nice healthy foot-long lick of blue flame spurting out the cutouts when you go WOT.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've run open headers with 18" collector extensions on the dyno and at the track. Not worth much on the dyno and gained less than a 1/10th at the track probably due to dropping the weight of the catback and hi-flo cats/midpipes (60+ lbs)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Welcome aboard :bigthumb:

Lots of people have cut outs on here :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
With the supercharger, you get a nice healthy foot-long lick of blue flame spurting out the cutouts when you go WOT.
Now THATS a vid I'd love to see!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone dyno-ed with their cutouts open and closed to see the difference yet? Im considering doing it just out of curiosity...

And yes...we're going to need to see those blue-flames!! That sounds out of control.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had my Badlanzhpe for over a year. I have not tested the power yet..
But man I love the sound..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts