Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Dang Alex! When did u do those bluetops?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Depending on the shop you go to...to cut the resonators off, weld in new pipe and tips you're looking at 75-100 bucks for the cutting and new pipe. They may gouge you on the tips. But if you don't get tips you'll be okay. Some shops run specials too. Just look around!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I wanna do it but dont wanna pay out the arse!
Maybe I will ask Shawn if he wants to do mine, that way the money will go to a fellow CAMM member for more mods or sumthin, that way it is a win win!
I would love to have it and call it a sport Mercedes trans :D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I want to do the blue tops also! I heard the downshifting is violent though, especially in traffic when the car shifts back to first. That's the only thing holding me back. The install itself seems pretty basic.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I want to do the blue tops also! I heard the downshifting is violent though, especially in traffic when the car shifts back to first. That's the only thing holding me back. The install itself seems pretty basic.

Hmmm... But have also heard longevity of trans is extended?
The install does seem easy, but i dont have a pit :(

·
Registered
397 Posts

Honestly the downshifts aren't that bad. I think it's does more good than bad. The longevity of the trans is definitely extended since it's slips less due to higher line pressure. I say go for it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Honestly the downshifts aren't that bad. I think it's does more good than bad. The longevity of the trans is definitely extended since it's slips less due to higher line pressure. I say go for it!

Sounds good to me! Did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds good to me! Did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it?

That's funny u ask.. man I first had the dealer do it .. they charged me 185 and then after couple days my car was going into limp mode. The idiots at the dealership never put enough trans fluid. So they put the brown tops back on telling me blue tops don't work with the stock valve body :banghead: . Finally hemi31 hooked me up with one of his boys. Dude charged me 120 for the install and everything been good since. :beer:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
That's funny u ask.. man I first had the dealer do it .. they charged me 185 and then after couple days my car was going into limp mode. The idiots at the dealership never put enough trans fluid. So they put the brown tops back on telling me blue tops don't work with the stock valve body :banghead: . Finally hemi31 hooked me up with one of his boys. Dude charged me 120 for the install and everything been good since. :beer:

Haha that's what I was afraid of! I'm no car genius so I would have to pay someone to install it. I have the worst luck with installs going bad, I always end up having an issue. I'll have to find a good shop out here. Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Wow 5 out of 14 posts are on the original topic, Way to JACK guys! I would start with the Suitcase (muffler) first, then decide if you want to remove the Reso's. I removed mine @ 200 miles and @ 55K still going strong on just the reso's.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Wow 5 out of 14 posts are on the original topic, Way to JACK guys! I would start with the Suitcase (muffler) first, then decide if you want to remove the Reso's. I removed mine @ 200 miles and @ 55K still going strong on just the reso's.
Thx! Gotta be good at what you do! Lol

Remove mufflers and cats, save the cats, dont give them to the shop.
Removing cats and mufflers will add to the sound the most, resos in place will prevent drone inside the car!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I wouldn't remove the mid-muffler. It makes the car sound like an old chevy truck...that's just my opinion though! Check out YouTube clips. The only benefit of keeping the resonators is the reduction of drone. But drone isn't bad, most folks are just babies! If you get rid of MDS drone doesn't sound bad...it sounds like it has balls!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Im not saying drone sounds bad, it has just started to make things inside the car rattle. Drone is great! Especially on long rides when the significant other wants to talk and talk about nothing important while u are trying to concentrate on driving :D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Im not saying drone sounds bad, it has just started to make things inside the car rattle. Drone is great! Especially on long rides when the significant other wants to talk and talk about nothing important while u are trying to concentrate on driving :D
Yeah if you're getting rattles that is pretty extreme! I have no problems talking with drone...I almost always have the stereo on and with that I can't hear anything but the music haha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts