Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at possibly purchasing a Borla S-Type (140443) catback for my 2013 Charger R/T that has AWD. I contacted Borla to see if the easy bolt installation would work specifically for the AWD (definitely compatible with RWD) and they do not know much about their product unfortunately.

It would be nice to know if I can install this myself before purchasing such a large item and going through the hassle. Has anyone installed this catback on the their 2013 Charger R/T with AWD specifically or happen to know that RWD and AWD are similar when it comes to aftermarket exhausts on the 2013 Dodge Charger R/T's?

Any feedback on the catback system itself and drone reviews is appreciated.

Some other nice sounding exhaust systems I was considering as well:

Zoomers
Solo Performance Mach-XL Cat Back with J-Pipes
Flowmaster American Thunder (drone concerns)

Feel free to chime in on any constructive criticism. Thank you for your time!

· Registered
298 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T AWD and have the Corsa Xtreme catback. They fit. I believe the cat-back is the same as RWD. It is the midpipes and headers that you need AWD specific.

I found out about SOLO after I bought mine. If the price was right, that was the other system I would consider, as they also claim to eliminate drone.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I'm trying to figure out this in the newer model 2011+. I've seen comments around that the cat-back is the same on the RWD and AWD for that older model range. Borla was quite pessimistic when I asked about AWD compatibility, but then again, they were generalizing all cars.

For the solo exhaust, I think it's kind of weird that the J-pipe points towards the front (on the charger version) from what I see in the pictures. Would one have to worry about anything going in or how the fumes affects your parts outside the exhaust as it runs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.