Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
azcharger was nice enough to let us hear his charger sans resonators. Anyone else have audio of their exhaust mods?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
a14umbra said:
azcharger was nice enough to let us hear his charger sans resonators. Anyone else have audio of their exhaust mods?
I'm thinking of a word that begins with 'F' and ends in 'ucking SEARCH, YOU JERKOFF.'

Can you guess what it is?

:)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your mother must be proud.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I need to spell it out.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a thread containing audio of various members exhaust mods to make it easy to compare.

Wow, and I did that without any profanity. :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Oh, relax, I'm just bustin' balls.

Seriously, though, there's a lot of clips around. The best place is from the manufacturers, but you just need to dig.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
epoch said:
I'm thinking of a word that begins with 'F' and ends in 'ucking SEARCH, YOU JERKOFF.'

wow, that was rough... http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109&page=3&pp=10&highlight=borla+godaddy here is one of the borla 125...if it doesn't take you to the correct page in the thread (it should) it is page 3 and half way down..... but yeah a little search and there alot of clips around...this is pre mopar cai....which went on tonight.

scott

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
epoch said:

Seriously, though, there's a lot of clips around. The best place is from the manufacturers, but you just need to dig.

The problem I have with the manufacturers clips is,frankly I don't trust that there's not some 'adjusting' of the sound. That's why I like the idea of hearing member clips.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
too easy....and the sound is amazing with the borlas....some freaking jack a$$ in a beat up dropped small size truck pulls up next to me on my "test drive" and starts revving his engine.....the light turns green...i take off...left him in my trails. he pulls up next to me and mouths "holy sh*t that thing is fast"....i just looked over waved and left him again. what is it with people wanting to race the charger all the time.

anyway, mopar cold air intake rocks and there is some performance gains out of it....you can "feel" it for sure with the aftermarket exhaust.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My palms are getting all sweaty.

I have got to convince my wife that my car NEEDS Borla.

BTW, this will sound like a dumb question, but I have a reason.

Did the Borlas effect your mileage?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah like 1 or 2 mpgs more....once you lay off the gas b/c you want to hear them all the time. they are sweet looking and sound incredible. w/ the mopar cai....man i love the sound. i love the borla setup hands down. but there are other directions also...i am not one to just point you at what i have. i like the way alot of the clips sound

·
Registered
263 Posts
epoch said:

I am thinking of a word that begins with a 'D' and ends with 'ickhead'...

epoch said:
Well, I'm not...that sh!t is uncalled for dude...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dagummit said:
I am thinking of a word that begins with a 'D' and ends with 'ickhead'...

Well, I'm not...that sh!t is uncalled for dude...
agreed brother.......

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I'm sorry. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
epoch said:
I'm sorry. :(
That's cool...I was totally expecting to get flamed...but cool...

I just know that I ask some dumbass questions...and only the Lord knows what people are actually thinking when they read them...

BTW (to the starter of this thread...i can't remember the screen name), I am not saying that your asking for sound clips is a dumbass question...i agree, I would love to hear more...just trying to make a point that is all.

Holy sh!t, I am tore up...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
well if dag can forgive you, than i can also.....group hug guys!!!!

back to the thread = lets get all the sound bites on one thread and then sticky this thing......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow i love the Borla's! Can you give me some what detailed feesback go daddy? Like how it sound inside and outside of car. I heard of someone getting rid of thier zoomers because of the mds sound. Whats the deal with that. Im gonna purchase this setup if i can get some more feedback.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ok i tell everyone i have the borlas but don't throw them in anyones face....there are alot of options, but i have had feedback from people that have heard the zoomers and borla 125s....even though they don't have the dreaded drone issue....the zoomers aren't as aggressive as the borla 125s. the borlas are for those that don't mind some music to the ear...with that said....there are "drone" issues if you care about that type of thing. at 2000 rpms this thing is maxing out for sound....but you pass it so fast that i don't honestly notice it at all. my wife and kids love the sound....everyone that has been in the car loves it. they are incredible looking to boot. those 5" cans fit perfect on our car and when ricers check them out - you can blow by them b/c they actually have something behind them (the big bad hemi)

to further this - i added the mopar cai.....i have read post after post after post on the cai....here is my honest, humble opinion......go get a mopar cai or k and n aircharger right now......wow! what an addition...if you want to wake up the hemi and believe that she doesn't make enough noise to go with the power it puts out then this is the direction to go.....i have heard countless times...."man, was that you that passed by? that thing sounds incredible!"

do these mods add power or hp - most will say no...but i for sure "feel" a difference (and not just hear it). it adds a little umph to the whole package.....when i get the gsm mod i will sound bad a$$ while i am tearing the hell out of my conti's (bfg's here i come) ok i have finished back to being a nice guy and i am not selling anyone on the borlas anymore....

oh and the mds thing...yeah i hear a tone change, but it lets me know that it went into mds.....i honestly don't think it is loud....and if you put the air on all the way up like i do (i live on the equator...lol) and play music you can't hear a damn thing but the air and music......and oh by the way....i don't listen to music most of the time when i drive by myself b/c i like the sound of the exhaust note that much........

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had my wife listen to the 3 sound clips without telling her one was mine, asked her which sounded best, and she picked mine, #3! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts