Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So.
I decided to document where the JBA headers rub.
Its not easy to see, and i wouldnt have noticed if i didnt have my car up on ramps in order to fix up my JBA muffler that was sitti ng weird, at which point in time i decided to see if i could spot the rub.

i did.

PINK LINES SHOW THE "RIVET, or shall i call it JUT where the side of the car has another piece of metal on top of the framed sorta of part... where this sticks out... is where it rubs with the header) PINK CIRCLE CIRCLES RUB AREA

CIRCLE SHOWS WHERE THE RUB IS. behind the 2 Lines

the green lines follow the FURTHEST header, the purple lines show the Rivet thingy it contacts. circle shows where the rub is located

if you look very closely you can actually see where the header has rubbed here. it LOOKs like it has a groove rubbed into it... but when you look at it it almost looks like it got shoved inwards a hair during high heat.(this applies to both pictures)

i think the best fix would be to completely removed, or sawzall/use a heavy sander... to just totally rub that rivet off.
i tried to get at it with a dremel but im too afraid to contact the header with anything
filing by hand is no use

to do anything im gonna need a lift and removed the motor mounts i think.

sigh.

i dont know. but i cant hear it when i accelerate hard now. VERY slight contact from the engine torquing over. may have to bring it in.

how long does it take to bumper a motor over a bit with the motor mounts and whatever?

thanks people.
enjoy the pictures, hope they can help some of you with finding your problems

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump. because i can. and i want to spread the word :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
dont cut the car-if any thing mark the headers and pull them out and tap them in just a hair with a ball peen hammer. theres a reason that plate is mount on your car there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hmm

Hey bud,

Try loosening Both motor mounts, and shoving the motor towards the opposite side a bit. There is always a little room for adjustment in a motor mount.

Does the other side have plenty of room?

Give it a shot before you despair!

·
Registered
416 Posts
To eliminate having clearance issues, don't mess with the motor mounts during the install. The two JBAs I installed and the Mopar headers, I never touched the mounts, and have no rub or clearance issues with mine. As far as I know, the others I installed have no issues also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts