Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ex highway Charger and i was wondering how i would come about taking off the spot light and filling the hole?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I have a Ex highway Charger and i was wondering how i would come about taking off the spot light and filling the hole?
Dude! leave it on and everyone will think you are 5-0 and move out of your way! Oh yeah, paint it black and tint the glass and they'll think it's an unmarked and give you plenty of space! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dude! leave it on and everyone will think you are 5-0 and move out of your way! Oh yeah, paint it black and tint the glass and they'll think it's an unmarked and give you plenty of space! :bigthumb:
That's a No-No in our state, even if your car is an ex-police package.

It's tolerated, because they are built into the car, but the 'impersonation of a peace officer' laws here denote that having an externally mounted spotlight is not legal.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

It's tolerated, because they are built into the car, but the 'impersonation of a peace officer' laws here denote that having an externally mounted spotlight is not legal.
I wasn't serious, I was just making a joke. Sorry, not a good one.

To answer the OP's question, remove the spotlight by removing all the screws, pulling it out and cutting the wires and capping them (should be easy enough to figure out) and replace the window pillar interior cover with a factory part. The outside needs to be body worked and re-painted. It should all be easy enough to do. You might just be able to take it to a body shop and they'll do the whole thing for not too much.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
566 Posts

Where are you, Russia?
Sounds like BS to me.
How about an externally mounted spotlight on a power company utility truck?
I'ld like to see the statute on that.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

Where da hell you live? It's cabs running around here and Assisted living vehicles running around here that are Crown Victorias and they look just like the police. Hell the police have auctions often selling used retired cars with the spotlight still on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't serious, I was just making a joke. Sorry, not a good one.

To answer the OP's question, remove the spotlight by removing all the screws, pulling it out and cutting the wires and capping them (should be easy enough to figure out) and replace the window pillar interior cover with a factory part. The outside needs to be body worked and re-painted. It should all be easy enough to do. You might just be able to take it to a body shop and they'll do the whole thing for not too much.

Hope this helps.
Alright thanks for the help on it so how much you think it would be to fix the exterior part once i remove the part or should i look for a plug for it like what they did with the holes on the roof?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Alright thanks for the help on it so how much you think it would be to fix the exterior part once i remove the part or should i look for a plug for it like what they did with the holes on the roof?
Less than $50 to fill the hole and paint the A pillar is what I would expect. You can go with a plug but it depends on how ugly the hole is once you get the light out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just leave it on,looks cool to me :bigthumb:The one i have was bought brand new and is a pretty cool ride to take on trips,hell to drive just about anywhere :rocker:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts