Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to rotate my wheels, but I'm concerned that there is some hidden surprise I'm going to find related to the fact that the EVIC knows my tire pressure(s).

Anyone know how that works?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'd like to rotate my wheels, but I'm concerned that there is some hidden surprise I'm going to find related to the fact that the EVIC knows my tire pressure(s).

Anyone know how that works?
There is a section in your owner's manual under "tire rotation" that gives a decent description of the TPM system. It should learn the new wheel locations after the rotation.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yep. Just rotate them and drive a little ways. HAL will figure out the new locations quickly and all will be well.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I don't know if it actually know the location of each wheel, if it did, why can't it tell us which tire is low? My other vehicle has a picture on the dash showing exactly which tire is need attention.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I don't know if it actually know the location of each wheel, if it did, why can't it tell us which tire is low? My other vehicle has a picture on the dash showing exactly which tire is need attention.
The SRT tells the tire pressure for each wheel. The R/T just shows a signal if one of your tires is low.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
There is a BASE system that is in most cars that only signals when any tire is low without any more detail. The PREMIUM system shows actual tire pressures and can tell which one is low. As mentioned, its on the SRT Dodges and most 300C's. This info is also in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my effort for this weekend was thwarted by the fact that my floor jack won't fit underneath the car.

Waaaa!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well, my effort for this weekend was thwarted by the fact that my floor jack won't fit underneath the car.

Waaaa!
Just grab a 1 or 2 ft piece of 2x6 lumber and drive on it. It should give you enough clearance to get the jack under.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Just grab a 1 or 2 ft piece of 2x6 lumber and drive on it. It should give you enough clearance to get the jack under.
Ahhh, yes grasshopper. The 2x6 lumber technique. Practice to become expert. Drive on, drive off. You too will become master like Sensei.:D

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
on the older tpms systems (300, concorde, intrepid) you had to relearn the system after a rotation however

a/ its not the same system on our cars
b/ its retarded to get a tire light and check only the faulty tire. Tire pressures should be checked once a month which noone does as it is so if you have the equipment out to check the faulty tire you should check the others too. Sides if one goes down the likelyhood that you drove through something means you may have future leak issues with the other tires too> If you drove through screws and nails with one tire right behind the other the back tire might have got nailed too

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
The SRT tells the tire pressure for each wheel. The R/T just shows a signal if one of your tires is low.
There is a BASE system that is in most cars that only signals when any tire is low without any more detail. The PREMIUM system shows actual tire pressures and can tell which one is low. As mentioned, its on the SRT Dodges and most 300C's. This info is also in the owner's manual.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts