Charger Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just had someone in an 10' Accord race me on the highway (60-ish roll). He was just having fun, and it made my commute from campus a little better. Needless to say, I took him to Gapplebees, but it's not exactly a brag-worthy win :LOL: After we stopped, he passed me and kept it floored into the sunset for some reason.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Glad to be wrong on that, was it a change in the last few years? I definitely know of one person who had their car seized and crushed.
BC did some crushing, but cars involved in street racing in Ontario have never been crushed.
The law changed recently to allow for a 14 day impound, instead of the previous 7 day impound.
The only way I could see a car being crushed was if the car was impounded and abandoned by the owner, because the impound fees were worth more than the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Huh. I get no type of attention whatsoever. With that said, isn't that one of the unspoken reasons you buy a muscle car? Not that you're looking for it- but you're no pu***.
I have a few kills of worthy opponents. But I can't oblige EVERY single car that rev's on me. My car would also be in the impound. No thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New Scat Pack owner here. Have had the car less than three weeks and have been challenged twice. Once by another late model Charger and again by a Camaro, both of the eight cylinder variety by the sounds of them. I'm not a street racer by any means but also I'm keeping my new car below 4000rpm for the first 1K miles, so both challengers were confused by my complete lack of response. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's because it's flashy! Other enthusiasts just wanna hear it roar. And they know you like to go fast because you bought a brash car with a loud V8, fender flares and foot wide tires.
In my old G8 it was always the opposite. Trucks and Toyotas, people who had no clue what it was. They thought it was another Chevy rental car, since it looked like one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
New Scat Pack owner here. Have had the car less than three weeks and have been challenged twice. Once by another late model Charger and again by a Camaro, both of the eight cylinder variety by the sounds of them. I'm not a street racer by any means but also I'm keeping my new car below 4000rpm for the first 1K miles, so both challengers were confused by my complete lack of response. LOL
On another note, there was a person who saw me driving slowly on a side street in Colorado Springs. He ran out of his house & flagged me down just so he could look it over. Another guy at a gas station was raving about how much he liked my car. Most likely many of you have experienced similar things.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On another note, there was a person who saw me driving slowly on a side street in Colorado Springs. He ran out of his house & flagged me down just so he could look it over. Another guy at a gas station was raving about how much he liked my car. Most likely many of you have experienced similar things.
100% Yesterday I parked and this guy walked up to me huffing and puffing to ask about the car. Our kids go to the same school on that street so when I drove by he knew I was looking for a parking spot and jogged two blocks up to ask me about the car. We walked back down the street and I answered every question he had. He was so excited about the car...like I am...so I totally got it. I would have run up the street too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Bro you can’t tell me you’re widebody doesn’t break necks. Mine still does. By other muscle car owners as well at that.
Yeah exactly this.
No problem getting out into traffic. I mean everyone just stops to let you out to get a good look at the Widebody. I oblige them with a HEMI beast growl:cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
61 - 75 of 75 Posts