Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Everything around here is either a 4 cylinder CUV, a pickup truck, or a luxury sedan. I rarely see any cool cars.
The only vehicles that have ever been beside me wouldn't have even been a race for my R/T(C6, C7 and M340i).

Plus the street racing laws here are insane.
License suspension for 14 days(increasing to 30 soon)
car impoundment for 14 days($$$$$$)
$2-10K fine plus the increase in insurance.
No thanks.
I don't see much around here, either. You'll see a handful of STI's, and your occasional S4, but you don't often seen anything cool. It's all crossovers and pickup trucks.

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
244 Posts
Around here the penalties are not worth the risk anymore. They'll potentially crush your car and take your license for 50km over here.

I recall reading a few years ago in Canada, we have the most amount of paved road per vehicle registered n the world, we were also ranked #2 for having the slowest average speed limit in the world.. it's easy revenue for LEOs here.
Where are you

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've owned many performance vehicles over the years. Pontiac Firebird, several Subaru WRX's, an SRT-4, a Cadillac CTS-V and now a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Charger. I've never had this many people wanting to race my car. I can't even go to the store around the corner without anyone revving on me or lining up with me wanting to street race. I think its hilarious honestly.

On a 50 mile trip from my buddies house to mine, I had a Raptor, two Scat Packs, a G35 and an AMG MB all line up with me on the freeway wanting to race. I didn't oblige any of them. I'm near middle age with a family and a house. If I was 20 years younger, yeah I would play.

Anyone else get people lining up with them or revving on them? Or is it just my car?
It's not just your car...I have the Scat Pack (not the wide body) and same situation. More cars like V6 Accords and Mazdas think they can out do the 392. I, unfortunately, am beyond "middle age", but still can't resist the challenge. I guess if you own a muscle car you can expect this type of confrontation. You are wise in your approach...I envy you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've owned many performance vehicles over the years. Pontiac Firebird, several Subaru WRX's, an SRT-4, a Cadillac CTS-V and now a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Charger. I've never had this many people wanting to race my car. I can't even go to the store around the corner without anyone revving on me or lining up with me wanting to street race. I think its hilarious honestly.

On a 50 mile trip from my buddies house to mine, I had a Raptor, two Scat Packs, a G35 and an AMG MB all line up with me on the freeway wanting to race. I didn't oblige any of them. I'm near middle age with a family and a house. If I was 20 years younger, yeah I would play.

Anyone else get people lining up with them or revving on them? Or is it just my car?
Yeah me too I got a 2012 charger Yellow/Black SuperBee SRT8 and a 2017 red Scatpack Charger. Some run up on me it’s funny. When some look at the 392 hemi badge they usually ask “is that real”. Lol I’m 61 and remember the loping cam and exhaust chugging out oh to be a teenager again. Then I hit the sport button and punch the 2017.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I moved to Florida 5 hrs ago
If you don’t play golf or fish or drink it’s not the place to live.
Summers are as hot as balls and no hills and lots of sheriff’s with radar guns.
And any PBA card you have doesn’t work down here.
I really miss riding over to PA from Jorsey as you have some really great roads 🤣
I moved here from PA 25 years ago and love it! Yes, it does get "hot as balls" and lots of popo, but you know what? Never have to shelf my car in the winter or worry about snow and ice, let alone corrosive salt or worse, penny size gravel they put in their salt to give traction in the ice and snow. From late October to June there is no place better!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Huh. I get no type of attention whatsoever. With that said, isn't that one of the unspoken reasons you buy a muscle car? Not that you're looking for it- but you're no pu***.

·
Registered
2021 Widebody Scatpack
19 Posts

I said the exact same thing after I got my widebody. It seems every teenager, no matter what they are in, wants to race. I think some of them are just trying to get us to show boat and screw up... I have obliged to some nicer cars for fun, I'm a middle aged guy, but not dead :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

what’s up man, I’ve had my charger since April and I live in San Antonio, and I swear I can’t get anyone to line up. Thinking about de-badging, and hoping that’ll fix the problem. That widebody look is intimidating. Guess it all depends on the area in my opinion. Dude wait till you get to 8,000 miles +. The damn thing just gets louder and louder. Just got 10,000 on line. Follow that break in procedure also. Again my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Huh. I get no type of attention whatsoever. With that said, isn't that one of the unspoken reasons you buy a muscle car? Not that you're looking for it- but you're no pu***.
Bro you can’t tell me you’re widebody doesn’t break necks. Mine still does. By other muscle car owners as well at that.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Bro you can’t tell me you’re widebody doesn’t break necks. Mine still does. By other muscle car owners as well at that.
Oh, I don't drive a SP. I used to drive a '10 SXT; looked a lot like the unmarked police cars in the area- loved how people got out of the way. Now I drive an Audi S8 and it is the perfect sleeper. So much so, I never get a look. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts

LOL!! I own a 2019 Red Charger GT it has the scoop and the spoiler with dark tinted windows. I have never owned a performance car and I love the ride. I am constantly getting people out there on these crazy roads REV their engines and looking to race. I am a lady driver and middle aged as well. But part of me wants to race but I know the consequences, and I stand down👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
All the time! I have a 2011 RT AWD with some cosmetics and Flowmaster Super 40s. Other than a canned 91 tune and upgraded Power Stop brakes my car is stock.
I get revved on or aggressively tailgated or passed and cutoff by WRX’s, diesel pickups, soccer moms in minivans, clapped out old POS Nissan Altimas… the list just goes on. Other than the occasional exuberant acceleration on the freeway I’m just minding my business and cruising to work or home.
Yes, I see your Honda CRV speeding up to get in front of me and cut me off when there’s no one behind. No, I don’t care. My family thought I was exaggerating about everyone wanting to race until they rode with me. Now they believe!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe my plate is why people dont try to run me.

View attachment 300656

During summer months my home town has three or four cruises, usually monthly. The cruises usually last 4 - 5 hours. We cruise up & down Broadway which is the longest four lane street in the small town of 18K population. There was a 57 Chevy, (nice car!) . At stop lights, he would put his foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time. The rear end of his car would raise up and would look over at me. He would take off fast when the light turned green. He always seemed to seek me out while we were cruising. The next time we were at a stop light at the same time, I decided I would let him see what mine would do. After smoking him I could see in my rear view mirror, that he turned right and left the cruise. He never returned! By the way, I am 73. :cool:

Reactions: neil4224
41 - 60 of 75 Posts