Charger Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Yea they don’t let me in either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's only a matter of time before open carrying a muscle car is illegal in California....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's only a matter of time before open carrying a muscle car is illegal in California....
Someone, I'm not calling any names, lives in Cali, got a ticket (far from stock) and now their car is registered in Arizona....but they still live in Cali lol

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I wish California would secede from the Union. I absolutely despise that state.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you guys considered maybe they're trying to get you to do something stupid and get a racing/stunting ticket?

I used to think it was funny when I was 17 driving a sunfire. Got one guy pulled over. We revved on him and attemp to fly away, the 2.4 didn't move, Snarly Camaro screams and makes some tire smoke, poli cherries after.

Not everyone is trying to actually race, sometimes there's some malicious intent there.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I wish California would secede from the Union. I absolutely despise that state.
You're aware that Florida exists, yes? And Texas? And an entire deep South, yeah? I mean... you're talking about a country that hosts... Ohio!

From the outside looking in, California doesn't even approach the top-ten anchors you've got in terms of enlightenment, education or even attitude. <Grin>

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
You're aware that Florida exists, yes? And Texas? And an entire deep South, yeah? I mean... you're talking about a country that hosts... Ohio!

From the outside looking in, California doesn't even approach the top-ten anchors you've got in terms of enlightenment, education or even attitude. <Grin>
I'd love to move to Florida or Texas! Rural PA isn't so bad though.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I moved to Florida 5 hrs ago
If you don’t play golf or fish or drink it’s not the place to live.
Summers are as hot as balls and no hills and lots of sheriff’s with radar guns.
And any PBA card you have doesn’t work down here.
I really miss riding over to PA from Jorsey as you have some really great roads 🤣

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I moved to Florida 5 hrs ago
If you don’t play golf or fish or drink it’s not the place to live.
Summers are as hot as balls and no hills and lots of sheriff’s with radar guns.
And any PBA card you have doesn’t work down here.
I really miss riding over to PA from Jorsey as you have some really great roads 🤣
You moved 5 hours ago and hate it already??

I love golfing.

• Haha
Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
You don’t want to get a DWI in Florida they are big on huge fines and a lot of community service.
One guy got a 10k fine and 250 community hours for the first offense

·
Registered
137 Posts
5 years da
I'd say the da would be the one that posted, "I moved to Florida 5 hrs ago" and has no sense of humor over it.
BTW, DA can mean a lot of things: DA
I didn't think you meant District Attorney, so after going through 196 alternatives, I think I've finally figured it out.:unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't get a lot of people tying to race me, though my everyday style of driving tends to rub people the wrong way. Whether I'm driving my Charger, or my slow ass '95 K1500 pickup, I like to go from zero to speed limit just about as fast acceptable on the street at every light, whether or not there are other cars around.

I do get a lot of idiots pulling the ricer flyby on me, like this goofball below. When I switched lanes I was several car lengths in front of them, no cut-off. By the time they passed me, I was going about 45mph, in a 40 zone, not exactly fast. You can see at the end the black Toyota gets all butt hurt about the guy passing them and takes off too..

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I do enjoy the classic ricer flyby.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've owned many performance vehicles over the years. Pontiac Firebird, several Subaru WRX's, an SRT-4, a Cadillac CTS-V and now a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Charger. I've never had this many people wanting to race my car. I can't even go to the store around the corner without anyone revving on me or lining up with me wanting to street race. I think its hilarious honestly.

On a 50 mile trip from my buddies house to mine, I had a Raptor, two Scat Packs, a G35 and an AMG MB all line up with me on the freeway wanting to race. I didn't oblige any of them. I'm near middle age with a family and a house. If I was 20 years younger, yeah I would play.

Anyone else get people lining up with them or revving on them? Or is it just my car?
It's funny that you posted this, I was just talking about this with my brother the other day about how I feel like everyone is trying to race me now. It's mostly the Honda and Volkswagen crowd that does this, but you wouldn't believe how many lifted Wranglers or FJ Cruisers have tried to race me. Not only do 99% of them never see any serious off-roading, but it's like they don't understand that their giant all-terrain tires are not doing them any favors on-road. It's baffling.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I kinda miss the jackassen at the traffic lights. Nobody even tries these days. Even the muscle cars granny away when it turns green. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Everything around here is either a 4 cylinder CUV, a pickup truck, or a luxury sedan. I rarely see any cool cars.
The only vehicles that have ever been beside me wouldn't have even been a race for my R/T(C6, C7 and M340i).

Plus the street racing laws here are insane.
License suspension for 14 days(increasing to 30 soon)
car impoundment for 14 days($$$$$$)
$2-10K fine plus the increase in insurance.
No thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I kinda miss the jackassen at the traffic lights. Nobody even tries these days. Even the muscle cars granny away when it turns green. :)
Around here the penalties are not worth the risk anymore. They'll potentially crush your car and take your license for 50km over here.

I recall reading a few years ago in Canada, we have the most amount of paved road per vehicle registered n the world, we were also ranked #2 for having the slowest average speed limit in the world.. it's easy revenue for LEOs here.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts