Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned many performance vehicles over the years. Pontiac Firebird, several Subaru WRX's, an SRT-4, a Cadillac CTS-V and now a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Charger. I've never had this many people wanting to race my car. I can't even go to the store around the corner without anyone revving on me or lining up with me wanting to street race. I think its hilarious honestly.

On a 50 mile trip from my buddies house to mine, I had a Raptor, two Scat Packs, a G35 and an AMG MB all line up with me on the freeway wanting to race. I didn't oblige any of them. I'm near middle age with a family and a house. If I was 20 years younger, yeah I would play.

Anyone else get people lining up with them or revving on them? Or is it just my car?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I've owned many performance vehicles over the years. Pontiac Firebird, several Subaru WRX's, an SRT-4, a Cadillac CTS-V and now a 2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Charger. I've never had this many people wanting to race my car. I can't even go to the store around the corner without anyone revving on me or lining up with me wanting to street race. I think its hilarious honestly.

On a 50 mile trip from my buddies house to mine, I had a Raptor, two Scat Packs, a G35 and an AMG MB all line up with me on the freeway wanting to race. I didn't oblige any of them. I'm near middle age with a family and a house. If I was 20 years younger, yeah I would play.

Anyone else get people lining up with them or revving on them? Or is it just my car?
I have the opposite problem. While I'm in my 50's and don't street race or condone it, it'd be nice to have someone want to try it once in a while. When they get beside me and hear the BOV screaming or the exhaust as they're pulling up...they won't even rev at me lol Dangit

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Nah, don't really get it. Probably just where you live. Where I'm at there's not dozens of performance cars going around.

I'll waste my time with one of those Hot Wheels WRX STI things with the huge wing because I cannot stand the way they sound or look, but that's about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the opposite problem. While I'm in my 50's and don't street race or condone it, it'd be nice to have someone want to try it once in a while. When they get beside me and hear the BOV screaming or the exhaust as they're pulling up...they won't even rev at me lol Dangit
Come to the Bay Area, California. Everyone wants to either street race or participate in "side shows"

·
Registered
2021 Charger SP-Dynamics
21 Posts
Same problem with me......... plain old Scat Pack and everyone with a stang, WRX, Camaro, AMG all want a piece. Funny but annoying

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I love a good street race
Had a 2020 Vette line up we both wanted to see what we have and once I hooked up I blew by him we both had a good laugh.
Damm that Vette sounds good.
We where the only two cars on the road
I will only do it if there is no traffic
By the way I am 71 😱

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I love a good street race
Had a 2020 Vette line up we both wanted to see what we have and once I hooked up I blew by him we both had a good laugh.
Damm that Vette sounds good.
We where the only two cars on the road
I will only do it if there is no traffic
By the way I am 71 😱
By the way my plate reads ZZZZR 🤣

·
Super Moderator
11,641 Posts
I have an SRT 392 and it's rare anyone even gives it any notice.

Now, my Z06; that is a whole other story.....

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Around here, its seems to be always a honda of some sort, or oddly a veloster.
Funny one I had was a fart canned Honda with a door full of stickers of what he thought he had. (Althought the Kenwood sticker wouldn't help)
Light turned green and I pulled away briskly, not a hard launch or anything. Well all I can hear is mr fart can winding it to the strosphere on each shift. But he was not passing me, I had to ease off and he caught up.
Then it happened, he money shifted it, and all I hear was a screach of tires and he dropped back like a shot.
Rolled up to next light and he coasted up beside me. I rolled the window down, asked him if it was ok?
It wasn't, the honda was knocking bad and lots of fluids pouring out.
I pulled over and helped him push it off the road.
Kid was heart broken, his engine destroyed. I waited with him until the flatbed arrived.
BTW, he had just bought the stickers, not the products.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
395 Posts

The raptor is funny because I get a lot of those window lickers here they failed math class they think they have a chance with the gearing they have on 35s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
The raptor is funny because I get a lot of those window lickers here they failed math class they think they have a chance with the gearing they have on 35s

Funny Raptors are being mentioned. I had one a few weeks ago trying and trying to pull on me. It was on a back road but one where the speed limit was 55 mph. I wasn't even paying attention for a while, not following closely, until I could hear him flooring it. Finally I just gave in and tailed him for a minute until he realized it wasn't working.

Wondering if these guys think because they're in a Raptor that they're gonna hang with muscle cars.

Reactions: Scat Mandu

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Don't forget the back bumper is 2' lower than the front. Looking like a constipated dog.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts