Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup peoples, I have been coming into etc problems. Sometimes it will be fine and wont come on than other times be fine and just come on randomly and even just stay on as soon as I start it. Ive looked around to see what causes it to come on but no luck. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? It goes away after I do the pedal reset but its aggravating to do almost every other day. Someone help me fix this!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read it, I came across it but it didnt say anything about ETC though just ESP amd SAS which I dont have a problem with. I read the whole thing before I realized I wasnt having those issues haha. Good info though if it does happen so I do appreciate that, thanks

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I thought u meant traction control, what is ETC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electronic Throttle Control. The backwards parentheses with the lightning bolt in the middle. When it comes on it gives me a dead pedal so I cant really use the gas pedal to go which isnt very safe in my book but Im normally near a parking lot I can pull into to reset it, but its aggravatting now.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Electronic Throttle Control. The backwards parentheses with the lightning bolt in the middle. When it comes on it gives me a dead pedal so I cant really use the gas pedal to go which isnt very safe in my book but Im normally near a parking lot I can pull into to reset it, but its aggravatting now.
Have you checked to see if any fault codes set by doing the key dance?
Per the owner's manual, below is the recommendation if this code appears. You did what is recommended; however, the dealer should inspect further to determine what is occurring in the system.

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light.
This light will turn on briefly as a bulb check
when the ignition switch is turned ON. This
light will also turn on while the engine is
running if there is a problem with the Electronic
Throttle Control system.
If the light comes on while the engine is running, safely
bring the vehicle to a complete stop as soon as possible,
place the gear selector in park, and cycle the ignition key.
The light should turn off. If the light remains lit with the
engine running, your vehicle will usually be drivable.
However, see your dealer for service as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
It's usually the throttle switch, attached to the pedal.

Slamming the throttle can break it.

It's an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts