Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I turn this on/off? I looked in my evic this weekend and could not find it..........

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Buttons under the center vents. One of thems your hazard lights button. Theres one labelled ESP, one press reduces the trigger values, press and hold for 8-10 seconds, while at a stop, that will disable it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So. Is there a huge difference disabling it and then stomping on it? I know there is suppose to be while doing a burn out or brake stand. Just wondering if the tires break loose a lot more while sitting at a red light and then just nailing it.

·
Banned
87 Posts
So. Is there a huge difference disabling it and then stomping on it? I know there is suppose to be while doing a burn out or brake stand. Just wondering if the tires break loose a lot more while sitting at a red light and then just nailing it.

Why not just stand on the throttle and find out for yourself?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I think he just forgot a smiley, Bucs:)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
And they will break loose just the same, they'll just keep doing it.

On= Quick chrip, then intervention
Off = Quick spin, then intervention
Disable= Smoke'em if you can afford them:)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so holding the esp till it says esp off is more than just tapping it
From what I understand is if you push the button it turns it half off? If you press and hold it in for 8-10 seconds it shuts it all the way off. Once you turn the car off the ESP goes all the way on again automatically.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
And they will break loose just the same, they'll just keep doing it.

On= Quick chrip, then intervention
Off = Quick spin, then intervention Meaning just pressing the button
Disable= Smoke'em if you can afford them:) Meaning holding the button down 8-10 seconds?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Today I finally got around to remembering to turn the ESP off all the way by holding it down for 8 seconds. Damn, it really cuts loose more with ESP off!

ESP on, I can nail it from a dead stop and get a nice quick squeel from the tires. With ESP off, she totally cut loose today! No brake holding at all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts