Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this time I am going to attempt to write in proper english. On my dashboard above the radio there is an ESP button. I know what it is and what it does. How am I supposed to turn it off? Am I supposed to leave it in park, neutral, or drive? I forgot what the dealer told me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why do I want to know how to do this. Well, every day going to where ever I go. There is this one exit, which i take everyday. I take it a little sharp/quick. The ESP then goes on and brakes the either the front left brake or rear left brake. If i know how to take it off, I will know when taking that corner if that is the case. If not, its my driving.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
just push the button, make sure mr squiggles is on and youre all good but dont think your in a Tokyo drift car now...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Heres a thought, try driving the car so that you never have to countersteer. See, the system compares the steering wheel angle to where the yaw sensor says the car is pointed.

Done right, ESP wont interfere, and you'll actually go faster through that turn. Sharp yanks on the wheel trigger an intervention:) It took me a while to master my favorite twisty, a traffic circle on my way to work, but its been worth it. I'm so fast through that sucker, its almost scary:)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts