Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ESP BAS light has been coming on periodically the past few day's. Not sure if it has anything to do with all the wet rain we have been having? Yesterday it came on for the first time while sitting still at a traffic light. Today it came on while driving. Each time it has come on, it apparently gets reset by turning the car completely off and back on again. Any thoughts on what this may be? I only have 1200 miles left on my factory warranty, so I'd like to figure out what is going on soon so I don't get dinged for a repair.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
There was a thread around here a while back about loose rear axle nuts causing those lights to come on .... you can take off your rear wheels and check these yourself ...they're right in the middle of what's left when you take off the wheel ... the axle comes out through the center of the rotor :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks for the tip. I'll see if I can find some other threads through the search.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to find a few threads on this topic. It appears that the ESP BAS comes on when sitting still with the engine running / Brake depressed while in Drive for 3 plus minutes. The Computer thinks that someting is wrong with the ABS and shuts the system down.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I was able to find a few threads on this topic. It appears that the ESP BAS comes on when sitting still with the engine running / Brake depressed while in Drive for 3 plus minutes. The Computer thinks that someting is wrong with the ABS and shuts the system down.
I've never had that happen in almost 30k miles of driving my Charger ... and I think it has to be more than 5 or 10 minutes before that happens, and you have to be stopped, and not even inch up at all ... which I generally move a little ... ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never had that happen in almost 30k miles of driving my Charger ... and I think it has to be more than 5 or 10 minutes before that happens, and you have to be stopped, and not even inch up at all ... which I generally move a little ... ;)
"loose axle nuts" sounds like a great name for a rock band :)

Here is the thread to the other info that I found. I really think this is what is going on with my car

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19942

1 - 7 of 7 Posts