Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 charger srt was making "tick tick" sounds from the engine while driving . I took it to my dealer who said it was due to bad lifters or tappets . Anyways they said all is covered in warranty so I was happy and today I get the car back

to my dismay the sound has increased and engine seems like its revving and it feels like it's under load when I shift to N to D with my foot on the brake . It's making more noise than usual the tick tick is more harder and more noticeable . I did a 80mile trip and the tick tick sound was bad

i dont know if this has any relevance but when I checked the srt performance pages with the gear in D and foot on the break the car is showing higher torque no then before .Can anyone let me know what's going onand what wrong and what needs to be corrected

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I know it's annoying, but your best bet is to get it right back to the dealer. You don't want it getting worse, whatever it is.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
My 2013 charger srt was making "tick tick" sounds from the engine while driving . I took it to my dealer who said it was due to bad lifters or tappets . Anyways they said all is covered in warranty so I was happy and today I get the car back

to my dismay the sound has increased and engine seems like its revving and it feels like it's under load when I shift to N to D with my foot on the brake . It's making more noise than usual the tick tick is more harder and more noticeable . I did a 80mile trip and the tick tick sound was bad

i dont know if this has any relevance but when I checked the srt performance pages with the gear in D and foot on the break the car is showing higher torque no then before .Can anyone let me know what's going onand what wrong and what needs to be corrected
I hope you find out what it is. Remember that the SRT8 6.4L is an MDS engine and does drop into 4 cylinder mode. This makes the lifters not as strong as they would be in a non-mds engine like a 6.1.

How many miles are on the car? What oils have you been using?

The thinner oils today don't have a lot of deposit control (detergency with magnesium) and do tend to gum up which would explain the lifter replacement.

Part of this could also be the "Hemi Tick" that becomes more prevalent with miles and age.

We address this with ACES IV and QuantumBlue Custom Blends so that you don't have to deal with this. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I hope you find out what it is. Remember that the SRT8 6.4L is an MDS engine and does drop into 4 cylinder mode. This makes the lifters not as strong as they would be in a non-mds engine like a 6.1.

How many miles are on the car? What oils have you been using?

The thinner oils today don't have a lot of deposit control (detergency with magnesium) and do tend to gum up which would explain the lifter replacement.

Part of this could also be the "Hemi Tick" that becomes more prevalent with miles and age.

We address this with ACES IV and QuantumBlue Custom Blends so that you don't have to deal with this. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
hi brian

i did get in touch with u. im in saudi and i would like to try ur produts
if u could ship them. u said u were working on it ivdidnt get a reply back yet

i always get it serviced at the dealer so the oil is theirs. the ticking seems less since today morn though
car has run 14000 miles

let me know how i can get ur product

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
hi brian

i did get in touch with u. im in saudi and i would like to try ur produts
if u could ship them. u said u were working on it ivdidnt get a reply back yet

i always get it serviced at the dealer so the oil is theirs. the ticking seems less since today morn though
car has run 14000 miles

let me know how i can get ur product
Ok. Still getting final answers. Thanks for the patience. Not easy to get to your country for sure!!!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the PM

the sound is back again
im going to try and take a vid

i really think its the tappets/lifters

i dont know what did they do in warranty

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

It would be best to bring it back to the dealer to further address the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Can you point me to a soundbyte or video of this "HEMI Tick"? Mine is just shy of 50k miles and I've had it not even two weeks yet and noticing ticks that weren't there when I bought the car. I probably haven't even put 1000 miles on it yet.

Thanks

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Can you point me to a soundbyte or video of this "HEMI Tick"? Mine is just shy of 50k miles and I've had it not even two weeks yet and noticing ticks that weren't there when I bought the car. I probably haven't even put 1000 miles on it yet.

Thanks
Here is the best one I can find on the hemi tick.

You can also hear it in this "fixed hemi tick" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD3C_jI7pAA

He sais no more ticking noise and you can blatently hear it.

We fix that permanently with the use of our materials.

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts