Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband took the car in to the dealers service shop because of the ticking we keep hearing in the engine and when we go over bumps theres a knocking noise and sounds like something is rubbing he thinks something might be wrong with the suspension but of course they heard nothing the tick they balmed on the aftermarket air filter and the other noise because of the brake pads he replaced they told him he shouldve replaced the rotors as well even though theres nothing wrong with those :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
well the rotors are known to go bad on the chargers..and the tick is a normal oddity of the HEMI's...so as long as it doesnt get louder or start causing actual issues with the way the car is running the dont worry about that..

If you think that somethings wrong with the car, then pursue it! take it to another dealer if you have to, remember that all chrysler dealerships will honor your warranty, that includes jeep and chrysler dealers

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
actually a tick is infamous with almost all dodges. Cirrus, breeze, neon, stratus, ram, charger, 300, magnum, crossfires. Most 9 times out of 10 nothing ever does anything to help the tick. Its common, and thousands of members on here will agree

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar problem with the knocking noise, coming from under the car. I was going crazy trying to find it. I thought it was the suspension as well, found out that it was my brakes making the noise. Looks like they rattled only when going over bumps, I put some of the brake quite stuff (dont remember the name) and it took care of the noise. Try going over bumps while applying the brakes (not too hard) and see if the noise goes away. Thas how I found where it was coming from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
brake rattles over bumps

I had the same problem with rattles over bumps,found out it was the caliper bracket. Put a different caliper bracket on and the noise went away.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
holy thread revival batman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts