Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm having some serious trouble with my 2010 SXT. I've had the car for going on 2 years and I've never had any major issues with it until now. Last month the check engine light came on for P0303 so my stepdad changed the spark plug and coil pack (changing just the plug didn't work). The light stayed on for a few days and then went out, but the very next day after the change, P0452 was thrown. I found out the EGR gasket was missing so I bought one and put it on myself, no change though. Any ideas on what this code is for?

All of my other symptoms:
-Starts kinda rough (shaking).
-The infamous lifter(?) tick that comes and goes. Some days it's loud, some days I never hear it.
-Serious loss of power/speed, especially getting on the highway. If I stomp on the gas, it feels like it's fighting itself or something and struggling really hard. Eventually it gets up to speed though.
-Recently it stalled once at the gas station right after I filled it up. It hasn't done it since, but it does shake a bit when I fill up the tank now.
-Stumbles/shakes pretty bad when coming to a stop light or stop sign.

Oh yeah just in case it helps with the diagnosis, I've been doing a lot of stop and go driving lately, and I drive about 20-25 miles a day. Usually stuck in traffic for about 45 minutes before the lanes clear. I'm in Illinois.

I've started using Lucas in the tank and that's helped a little bit, but not much. I've done a search on here for similar problems and answers, but I can't seem to find the solution. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

PS - please keep in mind I'm a girl who knows absolutely nothing about cars, but I am willing to learn about this one :smile2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts